Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone !

First thank you for taking time to read this.. it is a little off topic but who better than a breeder to help me :eek:)

For the last 2 years I have been under the impression that my dog, Reilly is an American Bulldog, he has always been smaller then most, but none the less I believed it. Now I am looking at the alapaha blue blood bulldog and I see some of Reilly's features in the breed. I would very much like to know more about him. So if you could look at his pictures and give your opinion I would really appreciate it!

Thank you in advance,

Sherry & Reilly

·
Registered
720 Posts
He is 1/2 american bulldog and 1/2 beagle thats why he is smaller than other american bulldogs.

Truth is if you dont know what he is and dont have registration papers to back it up nobody else is going to know either, all they can do is say he looks like this or he might be that, but the reality is you will never know what he is so my advice is to stop trying to figure it out and just enjoy your dog.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the compliments.

I did want to say that (because of this quote below)I in no way and I not wanting my dog! He is the greatest dog I have had. I was just a little curious what he might have been mixed with and only within the last few days. Hence, finding this website. I don't want to change him or breed him, nor am I looking to register him. Quite honestly I never knew I could love a dog this much. .. It was just merly CURIOSITY.
So I apprciate your opinion but you have got me (as a person & dog owner) wrong.

ambull040769 said:
He is 1/2 american bulldog and 1/2 beagle thats why he is smaller than other american bulldogs.

Truth is if you dont know what he is and dont have registration papers to back it up nobody else is going to know either, all they can do is say he looks like this or he might be that, but the reality is you will never know what he is so my advice is to stop trying to figure it out and just enjoy your dog.

·
Registered
720 Posts
ReillysMom said:
Thanks for all the compliments.

I did want to say that (because of this quote below)I in no way and I not wanting my dog! He is the greatest dog I have had. I was just a little curious what he might have been mixed with and only within the last few days. Hence, finding this website. I don't want to change him or breed him, nor am I looking to register him. Quite honestly I never knew I could love a dog this much. .. It was just merly CURIOSITY.
So I apprciate your opinion but you have got me (as a person & dog owner) wrong.

ambull040769 said:

I was not trying to put you down or anything I was just stating the fact that you will never know what he is! What I mean is a friend of mine has a great dane lab mix and it looks just like an old english mastiff, you could not tell the difference, the dog is brindle and 200lbs, he even had alot of people tell him (I use to have a mastiff that looked just like him) so thats why I said just enjoy your dog and not rack your brains out trying to figure out what he is because if you dont know you never will. The best anyone could do is give you a guess as to what they think he might be. If you want my guess here it is. I dont think he is a alpha blue blood, I think he is a ambull mix of some sort, he is a good looking dog though and he looks healthy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you! You baby is very handsome also - I really appricate you responding. I am sorry if I seemed defensive. He really is a great dog but sometimes you just wish you knew :eek:) I do apologize again . Have a wonderful week and thanks you answering my post

1 - 7 of 7 Posts