Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay well we have had Nikki for 3 weeks now and she is doing great. She is housebrken and crate trained! YEAH!!!!!! I have one problem...She will not listen to Glen, my husband, at all. She won't come to him when called she won't kennel when she is told by him. She just looks at him and comes to me. I don't know what it is. There has been no negative experience to cause this. I am really worried. She was suppose to bu "HIS" dog. He is kind of hurt by this and I wanted to know what you guys thought! Any advice?!?!?! Do I need to take them to a therapist!? LOL
Thanks in advance

~Vonna

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hmm well, Boss is very obstinate with other people, too. He will only listen to me. Does your husband walk, feed or train her? If not, he should be feeding her and walking and training her as much as you are. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tara<3Boss said:
Hmm well, Boss is very obstinate with other people, too. He will only listen to me. Does your husband walk, feed or train her? If not, he should be feeding her and walking and training her as much as you are. Hope that helps.
Nope he is always working and gets home late. I am at home all the time so Nikki and I are always together. I thought that too. When we go on our evening walks Glen is with us. I am the only one who feeds her though. I have been hand feeding her for almost 3 weeks now so that her and I have a great bond and I think that it worked! LOL ~THANKS LISA :eek:)~ Nikki thinks that I hung the moon and Glen, well, he just lives in my world! :) I wanted her to listen to both of us. It isn't a bad thing it just hurts Glen's feelings I think.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Lucy and Chad were the same way. Lucy wouldn't ignore him, but wouldn't listen like she does for me. It drove him nuts. When Dozer was around it wasn't a problem, cause he would have Dozer. Chad just started doing stuff with her, feeding her, taking her for car rides ect. Now they are close :D

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
My girlfriend and I live separately. Each of us watch Mo for about half of the week. When I get him back from her, he loves her best. Vice versa when she gets him for her stint. Exposure seems to matter a lot. Maybe if your husband could take her for walks or play, just the two of them, it might improve their bond.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts