Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told "Bully" (new name coming soon :wink: ) HATES his crate & freaks out when in it. I decided to "experiment".

I had to go to work this morning, but lucky me, I could be home in an hour and a half.

I crated Harley as usual, (her crate is in my daughters bedroom), then gave Bully everything he needed to be comfortable including his old toys. I gave him run of Hailey's room. I came home in less than 2 hours, and everything was fine. he behaved beautifully.

I'm thinking I may continue to leave him out unsupervised for short periods of time. If he continues to have such stellar behavior, I don't see why I should keep him crated. I'll just crate Harley, as I normally would.

Hope this works out.

Is there anything I may have failed to take into consideration?
I know some of you have dogs who are not crated when left alone. Does the dog have run of the house, or just one room? Also, Bully has no problem with the basement stairs, but Harley WILL NOT go down them. Letting him stay in the basement is another idea. I just don't want to stress him unnecessarily. He is SUCH A GOOD, SWEET, LOVING BOY!! I really am lucky to have adopted him :love7:

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Jazzy doesn't have a crate anymore. When she's left alone and the other dogs are crated she's an angel. As long as there is nothing for him to get hurt on, I say leave him. Glad he's working out well.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I don't crate CC anymore, as long as I shut the bedroom doors, the kids cause CC likes to eat barbie legs, and mine cause I don't like dogs on my bed, she's fine. she has been left 11 hrs, and hasn't got into anything, or gone to the bathroom in the house for what seems like forever.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
If i'm not gone all day, i leave managirl alone in the house (otherwise she's in a big outside kennel). She has full run of the house (it's really tiny) and except for a few weird occasions, she has been an angel. The only problem is when she is having one of her "licking fits" (I dunno she has OCD or something when she just licks and bites her toenails) then I get a big wet spot on my bed. Oh, but I do have to close the boys' bedroom door, cause she likes to pull their clean clothes off the shelf and lay on them.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I'd say if he does good then leave him out. I can't say the same for my two though, because the one time we left Shelby out, and Koda in his crate, he was out when we got home. I don't know if they conspired and did it together, or if he just busted down the wall of his crate (the big metal kind)...but either way he made a big mess and got into all kinds of stuff, so they both go up when we're not home. :shock: :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.