Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well got some more pics of the new pup today from the breeder shows him holding his head up better and no signs of easty westy or cowhooked from what i can tell the breeder also did a hearing test and a sight test on nim again tooday all good will keep ya posted ! first time ever inporting adog ! well heres some pics if ya like only thing that sucks in the breeder is old school and digetel camra only 1.5 mega pix ....sucks but better that nutun!

AND IF LOOKING AT DAD IS ANYINDICATION WHAT HES GUNNA LOOK LIKE IM GOOD WITH THAT!!!!

...............................DAD..........................................

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Awwwww. That second pictures is so cute. He looks so proud and confident. I bet you can't wait to get him home. :D

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Did you get other pictures because you can't tell if he is cowhocked (not cowhooked..lol) from those ones. :D Who is the breeder you ended up going with? Just curious!! Good luck!

PS if the pup is coming from the USA do yourself a favor and have it shipped to an airport in the US. Buffalo isn't far from you is it?

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lisa said:
Did you get other pictures because you can't tell if he is cowhocked (not cowhooked..lol) from those ones. :D Who is the breeder you ended up going with? Just curious!! Good luck!

PS if the pup is coming from the USA do yourself a favor and have it shipped to an airport in the US. Buffalo isn't far from you is it?
lol ya hocked he he he tamato taaaamatooo spelling not my strong point ! ya i got one pick was taken from behind but now i cant find it ill keep looking think one of my daughter's deleted it but still he looks good to me as far as the breeder he's a small time breeder in oklahoma been breedeing for 20+ years never advertizes just word of mouth i got turned to him form a email i sent to a coulple differnt guy's from that state his name is larry palmer! Palmer's American Bulldogs
Larry & Joyce Palmer Oklahoma ? good rep from what iv found !

lisa why is this ??PS if the pup is coming from the USA do yourself a favor and have it shipped to an airport in the US. Buffalo ?do they hold a pup when it arrives here in canada ?!

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Steve, if you have the pup shipped to an airport in Toronto expect to pay a few hundred dollars extra in import fees, taxes etc. If you pick it up at a US airport you can just drive back over with it without paying the xtra fees. If Customs does ask you about the puppy just tell them you had him with you the whole time you were over there (tell them you were visitng a friend there or something and brought the puppy). They may not even ask you about the pup. When I got Smooch I had her shipped to Detroit. I had some friends come with me and they sat with her in the back seat of my full sized pickup. The windows are tinted and the truck sits up high and the Customs officer did not even see her. It will save yourself alot of $$ and hassles this way.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I second that, I got Lucy shipped to Spokane Washington, MUCH easier then getting her shipped to me in Canada. I save almost $400 dollar by going to get her.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
When my bf and I drove through Canada to Alaska we had to show his dogs papers to customs when we entered and when we left. They didn't just let us go through with him, we had to prove he was purchased in US.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Beetle said:
When my bf and I drove through Canada to Alaska we had to show his dogs papers to customs when we entered and when we left. They didn't just let us go through with him, we had to prove he was purchased in US.
What papers did you have to show?

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lisa said:
Steve, if you have the pup shipped to an airport in Toronto expect to pay a few hundred dollars extra in import fees, taxes etc. If you pick it up at a US airport you can just drive back over with it without paying the xtra fees. If Customs does ask you about the puppy just tell them you had him with you the whole time you were over there (tell them you were visitng a friend there or something and brought the puppy). They may not even ask you about the pup. When I got Smooch I had her shipped to Detroit. I had some friends come with me and they sat with her in the back seat of my full sized pickup. The windows are tinted and the truck sits up high and the Customs officer did not even see her. It will save yourself alot of $$ and hassles this way.
ya cool i thought of that also probly buffalo or somthing i got 2 weels or so to think sabout it he's only 5-6 weeeks now cheers !

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Lisa said:
Beetle said:
What papers did you have to show?
I'll ask him today and get back to you.

edit: now that I think about it, it might have just been his health cert. I'll ask him anyways; I thought I remembered having to show some document from the breeder stating his origin in the US, which might have been just a ped.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I take my dogs with me almost monthly to the States. We cross at the Peace bridge, which is probably your best bet too. They only usually ask us if they're our dogs and to see they're vet records. One time they asked us for papers or something to show they were mine. At the time I didn't have papers so I just showed them pics in my wallet. They let us go no prob then.

Now with the ban, they might ask for papers to proove she's not a APBT. If you have all her health records, papers, and pictures I'd say your safe.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I seen his ped on your other post and he is all johnson with some great dogs in his background and peeler was a very reputable breeder and had alot of johnson dogs himself. I say was because I believe peeler is no longer breeding dogs. Anyway those pics look alot better that the first pic you posted, that pup has a nice blocky head and big chest, he is going to be a real big dog, very happy for you and I think you found yourself an excellent pup, Congrats!

PS: Just wondering how much he cost ya?

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ambull040769 said:
I seen his ped on your other post and he is all johnson with some great dogs in his background and peeler was a very reputable breeder and had alot of johnson dogs himself. I say was because I believe peeler is no longer breeding dogs. Anyway those pics look alot better that the first pic you posted, that pup has a nice blocky head and big chest, he is going to be a real big dog, very happy for you and I think you found yourself an excellent pup, Congrats!

PS: Just wondering how much he cost ya?
ya i think your rite peeler is no longer breeding dogs dont know all the reasons but he did have a great rep!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers as for the cost shhhhhhh can't say the wife looks at this site ! :wink:

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
crackerbull said:
the pedigree has dob 8/04 is that the sire?if so the dog was bred at one year old.can a dog be pinhiped at 1 yr old? i saw you mentioned something about health testing&penhip or ofa//rs
I thought a dog had to be 2 yrs old for PennHip?

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I'll ask him today and get back to you.

edit: now that I think about it, it might have just been his health cert. I'll ask him anyways; I thought I remembered having to show some document from the breeder stating his origin in the US, which might have been just a ped.
As far as I know the only thing required for bringing a dog into the US or back into Canada is proof of rabies vaccination and Steve's pup will be too young for that. The other shots do not matter, just rabies. That Customs agent must have been in a bad mood to hastle you over the origin of your dog. Like really, even with a ped how does that show you purchased it in the US? You could have bought the dog anywhere. I honestly don't think Steve will have a problem. The Canadian Customs people can't refuse Steve entry back into the country and I am sure sending back the dog would be alot of paper work. How could they prove he wasn't just given the dog? Just some food for thought. :D

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Kasco said:
crackerbull said:
the pedigree has dob 8/04 is that the sire?if so the dog was bred at one year old.can a dog be pinhiped at 1 yr old? i saw you mentioned something about health testing&penhip or ofa//rs
I thought a dog had to be 2 yrs old for PennHip?
It's 2 yrs for OFA but I don't think it matters for Penn Hip and many people are doing the PH test as young puppies before their bodies are done growing and posting the scores on their websites as a selling tool. It's sad. Too bad Steve's pup came from such a young father. Breeders should really concentrate on using older studs, longevity means alot and there is no biological clock ticking with the boys! I thought Steve would have learned his lesson about that after getting Stella out of such a young mom.. [-X . Oh well what you gonna do? We tried!

Here is the Penn Hip site that talks how old the dog can be and the advantage of testing a young puppy/dog.

http://www.pennhip.org/

1 - 20 of 48 Posts