Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay, Deuce went all day yesterday in the kitchen and only peed once. No poopie. \:D/ =D> However, when I got home I praised him and then took him out to go potty. He was out there for evvveerr and he didn't go. I had to run to the store, so I put him back in the kitchen. I was literally gone for 10 minutes and when I got back he pooed 2 times (in 10 minutes) and ripped open a bag of charcoal. Yes, my husband doesn't think sometimes, and left the bag in there with him. It was in there all day, but he didn't mess with it until I went to the store. What the heck. I was so proud of him, but I guess he just got mad cause I got home and left again. Is he punishing me or what. Little booger. What a little spoil brat. Guess I made him that way.

·
Registered
181 Posts
ACK!!

He didn't "get mad" - he had to go potty! And since he's a puppy and it's apparently okay for him to pee and poop in the kitchen, that's where he went. He may view the kitchen as the "preferred potty" if it's what he's been used to.

As to the charcoal bag, my guess is that he chewed it up at that time because that's when it occurred to him to investigate it. Dogs (puppies especially) REALLY don't have a lot of "plotting" in their brains. Whatever pops into their little heads is what they do, until and unless we have fully trained them otherwise. He's not "spoiled" - he's unsupervised.

I'm sorry if this comes out as harsh - but by ascribing basic puppy behavior to "spoiled" and "getting mad" you're setting Deuce up to get punished for something that is TOTALLY not his fault.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn't mad at him. I understand that he had to go. It was just funny b/c he waited til I got home. I have a crate, but he does really well in the kitchen, he just can't hold it all day and we can't come home during work. I never get mad at him. But, he is spoiled. Believe me. I don't think that causes him behavior problems though, I was just playin around. I was just commenting on the fact that he is getting old enough to hold it all day. That is a good thing. He is doing really well with his potty training and he is very good in the kitchen. He never goes in the kitchen when we are home, even if he is gated in. He only goes when we are at work. I think that shows that he doesn't see it as an ok spot to go, even when he does, he goes in the laundry room that is attached to the kitchen, and he goes near the door. He understands the concept, his tummy just isn't strong enough to wait for me yet. Just wanted to clarify so you don't think I am mistreating him. Far from it. Sorry if I sounded mad. I wasn't at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts