Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much chocolate is really bad for a dog?...and what do you do if they digest maybe 4 or 5 ? (but not the wrapper) 8-[ Has your dog done this, what did you do ?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I am no expert but hear lately i have been hearing from severl people that the only kinda choco thats bad is the bakers. Honestly I dont know though

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Not a prob Roxy, chocolate can be a scary thing for dogs! The closest Haus has ever been to chocoalate is the chocolate frosting that sits next to his peanut butter in the cabinet! :lol:

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HausMommy said:
Not a prob Roxy, chocolate can be a scary thing for dogs! The closest Haus has ever been to chocoalate is the chocolate frosting that sits next to his peanut butter in the cabinet! :lol:
I'm pretty peeved , I need my chocolate intake desperately atm lol! :lol: :badgrin: 8-[ and boy did u she spit out the one in her mouth when i caught her ...NOT!

Well at least she spat the wrappers out O:)

·
Registered
576 Posts
My old dog ate half of entire package of oreos!! I called the doctor and they told me to give a teaspoon of peroxide to enduce vomitting. She did throw up and after that she was ok. How can Roxy leave her mother without her emergency supply of chocolate!!! Bad Roxy!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
our dog back at home at 40 choclate brownies once. I was taking them to school the next day and she jumped up on the counter and ate them. Her heart racedddddd allllllll night. My dad just kept her exercised to get things moving. 4 am throwing the football for her and everything

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Don't worry, my dumb JR at a whole bag of Choc. cookies and the vet told me the samething (give peroxide) and he may have the runs but all in all he should be fine. Bakers choc is the killer.

·
Registered
448 Posts
WOW and I was worried over Buddy eating 1 M&M. When I opend the container we have them in.. My dang hands didn't want to work for me and I dropped the whole container of them and Buddy grabbed one. He had a few runny poo's but he's ok.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Salt

A vet once told me to indouce vomiting but dumping a teaspoon of salt in my dogs month.
Chocolate of any kind effects the nervious system of dogs it does not kill them over night
it takes a lot chocolate & caffee both do this my friends dog use to get into chocolates beside her bed on the night stand all the time he died from it had a siezure. but that was after a few years of eating it all the tiime she had no idea it was bad for him.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
On the second link you posted.... it said raw eggs. On another forum I am on a few people said that break a raw egg over their dogs food (not everyday but maybe once a week) for their coat and what not. So is it good or bad? Or is it one of those depends on moderation type things?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
so kind of like when we take the chance of eating raw cookie dough? And its sooooooooooooo good that we don't care of the chances?

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
A long time ago, I had a toy poodle. One day I had come home from shopping and laid the bag on my bed. I had several boxes of chocolate covered cherries in it for Christmas presents. I went in to take a shower, and you guessed it, the poodle got into the chocolate cherries. She had to have eaten almost a whole box. She had that chocolate mess all over my bedspread plus she then threw up what she had eaten all over my carpet. Not a pretty site, but she lived, only through the grace of God though. :wink:

·
Registered
295 Posts
One christmas I had hershey kiss on the coffee table in a bowl. The next morning they were all gone. I thought my girls had eaten them. That day my dog was pooing red and green wrappers. My two year old said "mom chelsey has christmas pooh!" She was totally fine and never even got sick.

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
she was fine, bit more hyper than normal and I came home from work to a pooh looking similar to what a cow may have done... O:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts