Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought one container of this and gave Buster and Molly 1 teaspoon each this morning mixed in with there breakfast.
Is that the right yogurt, right amount and how often should i give this? Will this help with there nasty a$$ gas??????

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
Yep...that's the right yogurt. For ROcket, I added one TABLEspoon to his food....anything less than that didn't make a dent his noxious butt! Rocket is around 80 lbs, if that helps at all :D

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Yeah, I usually give Chops about two tablespoons, he's 109 lbs.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Many yogurts don't contain enough, if any, of the active cultures that are required to benefit your dogs digestive system. Even if it is a quality yogurt, that does contain these active cultures, I doubt very much there would be enough of them in a teaspoon of yogurt to make any difference in your dogs digestive system. You would be further ahead to hit a health food store and purchase some probiotics like these. Just get the capsules, open them up, and sprinkle it on top of the dogs food.

http://www.newideas.net/reflora.htm

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Lisa said:
Many yogurts don't contain enough, if any, of the active cultures that are required to benefit your dogs digestive system. Even if it is a quality yogurt, that does contain these active cultures, I doubt very much there would be enough of them in a teaspoon of yogurt to make any difference in your dogs digestive system. You would be further ahead to hit a health food store and purchase some probiotics like these. Just get the capsules, open them up, and sprinkle it on top of the dogs food.

http://www.newideas.net/reflora.htm
^^What she said.

Most yogurt you buy in the supermarket doesn't even contain active, live cultures. You have to read the fine print.

But the supplemental probiotics are better anyway - or you could just switch to a kibble that contains them.

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
LOL! Noxious butt!

I didn't know...is this a bulldog thing? Sometimes it's like Atticus' fanny is on fire!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Cinder said:
I know we're in trouble when I hear my husband start yelling "dog fart, dog fart!".
Lmao! Legend cleared the examine room at the Vet's office at 4 months. I couldnt get out that room quick enough! lol

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
You know it's bad when even the DOG is disgusted by his own farts...we know it's going to be a doozy when Rocket suddenly gets up and leaves the room...and man...that smell LINGERS...it follows you and won't let you go until you gag at least once :lol:

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I give yogurt as a treat but probiotics are great! It doesn't need to be nonfat yogurt either. Dogs get their energy from proteins and fat. They don't really live long enough to worry about clogged arteries either.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Zoe used to have an awful butt until we changed her food to Natures Variety. She used to let a SBD (Silent But Deadly) rip, then turn around and look at her butt as if to say, "did that smell come out of there?"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts