Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought one container of this and gave Buster and Molly 1 teaspoon each this morning mixed in with there breakfast.
Is that the right yogurt, right amount and how often should i give this? Will this help with there nasty a$$ gas??????

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
Yep...that's the right yogurt. For ROcket, I added one TABLEspoon to his food....anything less than that didn't make a dent his noxious butt! Rocket is around 80 lbs, if that helps at all :D

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Many yogurts don't contain enough, if any, of the active cultures that are required to benefit your dogs digestive system. Even if it is a quality yogurt, that does contain these active cultures, I doubt very much there would be enough of them in a teaspoon of yogurt to make any difference in your dogs digestive system. You would be further ahead to hit a health food store and purchase some probiotics like these. Just get the capsules, open them up, and sprinkle it on top of the dogs food.

http://www.newideas.net/reflora.htm

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Lisa said:
Many yogurts don't contain enough, if any, of the active cultures that are required to benefit your dogs digestive system. Even if it is a quality yogurt, that does contain these active cultures, I doubt very much there would be enough of them in a teaspoon of yogurt to make any difference in your dogs digestive system. You would be further ahead to hit a health food store and purchase some probiotics like these. Just get the capsules, open them up, and sprinkle it on top of the dogs food.

http://www.newideas.net/reflora.htm
^^What she said.

Most yogurt you buy in the supermarket doesn't even contain active, live cultures. You have to read the fine print.

But the supplemental probiotics are better anyway - or you could just switch to a kibble that contains them.

·
Registered
12,743 Posts
I guess that is why when i tried yogurt before it didnt work....not enough active stuff i guess.
Orson had horrible farts till i switched his food to DVP.
He dont poot no 'mo!!! :lol: Now my fiance CAN'T blame it on the dog!!!

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
You know it's bad when even the DOG is disgusted by his own farts...we know it's going to be a doozy when Rocket suddenly gets up and leaves the room...and man...that smell LINGERS...it follows you and won't let you go until you gag at least once :lol:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Zoe used to have an awful butt until we changed her food to Natures Variety. She used to let a SBD (Silent But Deadly) rip, then turn around and look at her butt as if to say, "did that smell come out of there?"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.