Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today was my second day with beetlejuice...

he sleeps a lot! 3 decent sized naps a day. he falls asleep at 10:30. this morning he woke up just before 8.

he pees a lot! he may have peed a dozen times today. sometimes 2-3 times in one half hour-hour span... shouldnt a 9 week old be able to last longer? he drinks water often, but i wouldnt know whether to say he drinks "a lot" or an "average" amount. he's my first pup and all i know is that he should have water available to him at all times.

this may not be the right place for these questions, but...
he can be pretty aggressive in his playful moods. he'll bite down (hard!) on my finger or wrist before i can get a chew toy in his face. he'll go for the face nip or ear bite often. puppies will be puppies obviously, but is there anything i should be aware of? things i should do in these instances?

please dont think im nuts if these questions are really pathetic! its my first pup and i just want everything to be good. thanks all

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
No, these questions aren't pathetic at all! Normal questions, even if it's not a first pup. :D

A 9-week-old pup can not hold his bladder. Those muscles don't even begin to develop before 16 weeks at the earliest. As long as he's drinking, it's going to be in one end and out the other. :wink: Don't worry - it's normal. A little annoying, perhaps, but normal. :D

As for the nipping, this sounds pretty normal, too. One thing you could try is when he bites too hard, cry out like a puppy would. This should get his attention, as they learn bite inhibition from mom and littermates. Then substitute a toy and make it the greatest thing in the world. With his attention span at 9 weeks, this will last all of 3 seconds, but just be consistent, and be PATIENT. Puppyhood is tough on the owners, but it's all worth it. :D

Good luck with your little cutie! We're here for you when you're ready to pull your hair out. :wink: :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah I have 10 week old EB pup and he likes to nip a lot also. I just give him a sharp no and walk away from him for a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Bear nipped on me alot when he was teething. But now with Molly I've found she finds Bear the nipping toy. :lol: He doesn't seem to mind and they have a great time together. Have to laugh though, now Bear gets what he gave. :lol: (Mind you, if I thought she was hurting him, I would not allow them to play together.)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info! i got beet a nylabone today. he seems to dig it, whicih makes me happy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts