Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
894 Posts
I had this very same experience with Bears a couple months ago when we went out for out first really long walk in the park. He came home and passed out. I got really worried when he wouldn't get up. He just wanted to lay in his bed and was very slow in getting up when I made him go out or eat. I took a good day to day and half but he was back to his normal self.

After that I went out to Walmart and started him on a Glucosamine/Chondroiton/MSM supplement after reading several posts on here about them.

Here's a quote from another topic: "Chico is the same exact way. It seems as though his midsection moves at a completely diferent rythem than the front and rear. Sorta like how a tiger walks. I hope that makes sense. Also his rear is really stiff. He used to limp after we'd go on walks but he hasn't done this in a couple of weeks. I've noticed since we started giving him glucosamine and esther-c vitamins, he's been doing much better. You may want to give it a try if you aren't already feeding it.
This is what I follow and have seen results in just a matter of weeks."

Quote:

I give all human supplements for the most part. The first one I give is a Glucosamine/Chondroiton/Msm all in one. The other is Ester-C and lastly, I feed Fish Oil. The glucosamine(750mg),chondroiton(600mg), msm(750mg) supplement I feed is made for humans and is in pill form. I give one pill daily. The Ester-c is also for humans and is in pill form. I give approximately 2000mg daily to my ABs (between 65-95 pounds) Ester-c pills come in 500mg pills or 1000mg pills. The fish Oil is a gel capsul, and comes in 1000mg. I give 1 pill daily to my dogs under 65 pounds, 2000mg daily to dogs 65-85 pounds and 3000mg daily to my dogs over 85 pounds.

· Registered
894 Posts
I know, they are just like having kids. I worry about Bear all of the time. But I'm so glad I found this forum and all the information I did on food right down the supplements.

I really believe that the supplements worked. When Bear was a pup the vet checking him all out and when he got to left hind leg there was something not quit right (can't remember the technical term) but he said he may in the future need corrective surgery and that this was common in the breed. But if it didn't bother him we wouldn't think about surgery until that point.

Well, the only time I saw it really bother him was when I would lift him on the bed I put one arm under his belly and the other under a back leg and lift and he would get up on the bed. But when it came to him lifting with that one back leg he would turn around and kinda nip like it bothered him.

I noticed a little while after starting the supplements he has not reaction anymore. I can only attribute it to the supplements since it had been an ongoing problem for about 6 months.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.