Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I checked on the dog food post and Nutro Ultra adult food got an A+ with a score of 106 which is right at the DVP were feeding Mason right now..

I looked at ingredients and the first thing is Chicken Meal....I thought this was bad?

Were only looking into switching Mason again because his gas is way worse on DVP...no other problems just the gas.. :lol:

Weve tried Harvest Baked, and RC....Can anyone refer any other food if they think this Nutro Natural choice Ultra is no good for him??

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Hmmmm....I feed Canidae. But I used to feed Nutro Max or Nutro Natural Choice. Legend used to have really bad gas. I thought he needed a new stomach or something it was gross and he even cleared out the examine room at the vets office everyone just about fell out of the room once the door open! Lmao! But I thought it was just a puppy thing. He doesnt have gas now and hasnt for awhile and I was still feeding Nutro then. Maybe someone can go into detail more on it. :D

·
Registered
623 Posts
I also tried Nutro Ultra and both of my dogs didn't like it. I HAD to mix soft food in with it just to finish the bag. I'm on Royal Canin adult Maxi and they both like it, plus their coats have never been shinier. I get it at Petsmart.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Meat meal is fine, as long as it is from a named source (chicken meal, lamb meal, etc.) It's just the meat with all the water removed. Actually, "chicken meal" as a first ingredient is preferable because it indicates a higher meat content than just "chicken."

I wouldn't ever feed Nutro products, but I'm a dog food snob. :lol:

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I switched about 6 mos ago from Nutro to Canidae. Great food!

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So canidae would be the food to go with then..

Hoe come Leeann? Just curious because your dogs are great looking so you must be doing something right :D

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where do I get Canidae?? I did a search for it on Petsmart and petco and couldnt find it.. I did a word search on petsmart and some "BLUE" food came up?? it's like a blue diamond on the bag..?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Nature's Variety is also a very good food, is all life stages rated, and it is available in Chicken Meal & Brown Rice Medley, Beef Meal & Barley Medley, Lamb Meal & Oatmeal Medley, New Zealand Venison Meal & Millet Medley, Salmon Meal & Brown Rice Medley, Raw Instinct GRAIN-FREE. Certainly any dog can find a flavor it likes. They also feature frozen "raw" food too.
http://www.naturesvariety.com/

Merrick's is also another food that's highly rated and multi-flavors are available. They also feature canned food too.
http://www.merrickpetcare.com/

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
whats the all life stages differ from the others??

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Last question... how do you order it... I did the store locator and a distribution center came up with a number but I dont know if I call them or just order online is that possible?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Patch is on DVP and i was going to switch him to Nutro.... but Leann convinced me not to!

and i trust Leann.

So i'm staying on DVP (even though Patch doesn't love it).

I've been doing a bit of reading on DVP though, and even thought it's an A+, and it pretty expensive... i still think i can do better. There's not enough meat content, even though it uses organic rice and vegies.

I really want to try Timberwolf but i cannot find a single place in Australia that sells it!

We're pretty restricted here... i was lucky to find DVP.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Obelisk said:
whats the all life stages differ from the others??
Nutritional from puppyhood through adulthood.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts