Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me first say I am new to the board so hello to everyone. My wife and myself are looking for an english bulldog. right now we have a 3 year old maltese and we are looking for an addition to the family. Does anyone know any breeders that are located in Long Island New York. It is easy to go online an pull up hundreds of breeders but I believe to find the right one, is by referrals.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi! My English Bulldog will be having puppies on July 7th, if you are interested. We live in VA near Richmond. We are not a big breeder and I researched a mate for her for two years before I finally selected one that I thought would compliment her and the breed. Neither of them have any health issues and they are both really laid back. Im expecting a superior litter from them. So far there are 4 puppies that we have confirmed by ultrasound, but the doctor said that there could be more. I offer a 1 year health guarantee and thye will have shots up to date and be wormed. If you are interested you can visit our website to get more info. URL Removed
thanks, and good luck!
Desiree and Ruby

If you want to sell your pups, please use the breeders directory. That is NOT what the forum is for.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not to nit pick here, but isn't standard protocol to offer a health guarantee until two years of age? Logic being that you can't get certified OFA films until two years of age. What are the hip scores of the sire and dam? Any temperment testing?

Just some questions that should be easily answered.

Thanks

Justin

·
Registered
8 Posts
I do offer a health guarantee, and both the sire and dam have OFA ratings of "good". No EB has an "excellent" rating, because of poor breeding by irresposible breeders, and the anatomy of the EB. Both have excellent rated temperments. Was that easy enough for you?

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
kaner6 said:
Not to nit pick here, but isn't standard protocol to offer a health guarantee until two years of age? Logic being that you can't get certified OFA films until two years of age. What are the hip scores of the sire and dam? Any temperment testing?

Just some questions that should be easily answered.

Thanks

Justin
Let me know where I can find the standard protocol. I'd like to use it as a reference...

·
Registered
8 Posts
As far as I know there is no standard protocol. I use AKC as a guide to what the bulldog should be. Each breeder has their own standard I am assuming, and some of those standards are lower than others I would imagine. I believe that my standards and expectations for the breed are higher than most. I want to see the breed someday get rid of alot of the problems that they are known for right now, and the only way to do that is with alot of research, geneology, DNA testing etc. before you breed a pair. I own 1 foundation B-witch, because there are few of the breed left out there that are worthy of breeding, I searched 2 years to find her a suitable mate that would help her compliment the breed. I feel as though I have been extemely responsible in my actions and have taken every precaution that I can to not hinder the breed further than it already is and to put some healthy strong genes back into a line that will carry for generations.

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
tntbullies said:
As far as I know there is no standard protocol. I use AKC as a guide to what the bulldog should be. Each breeder has their own standard I am assuming, and some of those standards are lower than others I would imagine. I believe that my standards and expectations for the breed are higher than most. I want to see the breed someday get rid of alot of the problems that they are known for right now, and the only way to do that is with alot of research, geneology, DNA testing etc. before you breed a pair. I own 1 foundation B-witch, because there are few of the breed left out there that are worthy of breeding, I searched 2 years to find her a suitable mate that would help her compliment the breed. I feel as though I have been extemely responsible in my actions and have taken every precaution that I can to not hinder the breed further than it already is and to put some healthy strong genes back into a line that will carry for generations.
...I was just being sarcastic to the "standard protocol" comment. I have a 1 year health guarantee also. The comment was that it's standard protocol to have a 2 year health guarantee. From what you say, you seem to know what you're doing and are going in the right direction. No problem here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.