Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read on here a few times that when people asked for toys for their dogs that are chewers, they usually tend to say that their dogs also chew threw nylabones.

Just an FYI for people.... it seems as though different companys have different definitions of what a nylabone is.

Kate has one that, honestly, will take her a year to even make a dent in it. Granted shes not a huge chewer, but when she is in that mood that is the bone she always goes for. I've had this one since December time and she hasnt even gotten a quarter of the way through it.

I went to Petsmart yesterday and saw a nylanbone that was good for cleaning teeth.... it was a different brand but it said nylabone right on the front. So I got it.... within 10 min, she was breaking this thing apart and eating it right up. Leaving her with the green runs this AM... lucky me :roll:

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Bella has a Galileo Bone (made by Nylabone, right?) that she hasn't been able to chew through yet. She doesn't chew on it often, but when she does, it's for an hour or so at a time. There are lots of teeth marks on it, but it's still completely intact.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup thats exactly how the one Kate has was.

I was very disappointed with the other one saying that it was a nylabone but she ate right through it and made her tummy upset

·
Registered
48 Posts
angel eats the bacon flavored ones. She can destory it in about 2 days, but if i leave her with it when i'm at work it will be gone by the time i get home. Latley I've just gotten her shoulder bones or something like that; real bones.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Nylabone makes a couple diferent densities of bones. One is called Healthy Edibles and they are basically a huge treat. My dogs chew through those in about 10mins. Maybe you grabbed that one. Chico has one that is in the shape of a dinosaur and he chewed the face off but that took him about 4mos. It's really tough. I think it's the same material as the galileo.

·
Registered
112 Posts
are raw bones good???????????

hi im thinking of giving bryn raw bones are they good for him?
he loves cooed bones from the sunday roast but ive heard you can get bones from the butchers are these good for him i know chicken bones are no good so plz advice me thank you 8)

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Re: are raw bones good???????????

shirley42 said:
hi im thinking of giving bryn raw bones are they good for him?
he loves cooed bones from the sunday roast but ive heard you can get bones from the butchers are these good for him i know chicken bones are no good so plz advice me thank you 8)
I buy raw marrow bones, like the ones in osso bucco. I give them to my dogs frozen so it takes longer for them to chew and also they're less messy that way. I get them at a pet supply store but if you have a butcher, they are probably cheaper through them. Cooked bones are dangerous to give to dogs because they can shatter and splinter. If the bones are raw, they are not as brittle. My dogs love the marrow bones though and they stay busy for hours with them.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
When looking at all the different Nylabones at Petco I noticed that they are rated. Some are more indestructable than others. Some are softer. You really have to read over the front of the package. Also there are different flavors. I even found a Nylabone Puppy Teether. It's like a hard gel but a puppy can dig a little into it.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I had a beagle puppy EAT one of those Nylabone puppy bones. Gave her an awful case of the runs. I've never had a bully pup (not yet, anyway :D), but I would imagine they could do some real damage. :shock: But they do have much stronger ones. Basically there are three types: edible, flexible, and durable. The durable ones are for the serious chewers like our bullies.

Kate - did you get the one with the green rubber thing in the middle and the hard plastic knobs on each end? That one is touted as being super strong. What did she eat - the green rubber part?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ahhhh I didn't know they had different levels! I've always bought the same one so I figured they were all the same.

This one was just all green. With the knuckle looking thing at one end and nothing at the other. it looks just like the other one except for being green so I just figured. well I have just proven that ASSuming never gets you anywhere!

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
Kate - did you get the one with the green rubber thing in the middle and the hard plastic knobs on each end? That one is touted as being super strong. What did she eat - the green rubber part?

I bought one of these for Clara last summer and she has barely put a dent into the nub and not even a dent into the rest of it and yet she gnaws on it every day. Those green ones are suppose to be for the teeth, I think. They will disappear in no time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts