Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you determine who a good trainer is and what a reasonable fee is? Sam is a bully breed (obviously) but she's a fairly well behaved and not a total psycho but does need some work I just have never had to obtain the services of a trainer before. Any suggestions?

Sarah

PS I'm in Michigan if that helps anyone.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so I've been calling a few trainers in my area (not that many) and they either don't return my phone calls or won't work w/ pitbulls - does that mean I'm doomed to have to work with her at home? The only lady I can find who 'specializes' in the bully breeds is a lady who thinks all dogs can be taken off of a lead and 'trusted' w/ just the right kind of work (even if it were true I'm not comfortable with that) and she use's what I belive is the E collar and I just don't have that kind of money and I think all I really need is a basic course so I know that I'm doing things right. This is very frustrating...

Sarah

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've never met a trainer who didn't consider him/herself to be the "best" one. Yet we all know that "there are trainers and .... there are trainers"! I've seen some very skillfull ones and some that don't even know how to hold a leash.

If you guys are in Michigan, I can recomend a very skilled and experienced trainer who won't discriminate against our breed. Although I'm sure they may be more good trainers in that area, she has proven to be a very top notch trainer worthy to trust your best friend to. You can tell her I recomended her. Here's her contacts:

Cheryl Carlson
[email protected]
Phone: 989-224-7225

In Texas there is a person I can recomend who has titled his Staffy-Bull in protection dog sports. I just don't know how close or far he may be from you guys. Here is his name and contact.

Ed Reynolds
[email protected]

and:
Isai Rodriguez
210 259-9719 [email protected]

Good luck in your quest. Happy training.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much, I just emailed her. I really appreciate your input...

Sarah

1 - 6 of 6 Posts