Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maximillian, my OEB, has a pink belly and also under his thighs. His stools can be solid or runny sometimes. He's been on Nutro Natural Choice lamb& RIce for a month and a half, he used to be on Science diet Lamb & Rice. Vet told me to keep him on lamb & rice when i first got him, he was had developed a skin allergy on iams cheap food, which had beef and chicken. He doesn't seem to chew his food either, just inhales it. I've been considering DVP Venison & Rice, duck & potato or royal canine for bulldogs to help with these problems. Any suggestions or similar experiences?

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Orson eats dvp duck and does great on it.
He still has allergies (that's a bully for ya),
but doesnt break out in hives or bumps like he did on Eukanuba.
Also hear alot of people like the royal canine.
Just have to try diff. ones a bag at a time and see.
Orson inhales his food too, it is ok as long as it is not alot of food
at a time. If worried just put a tennis ball in his bowl and he will
have to manuvier around it, slows them down.

·
Registered
361 Posts
OEB,Maximillion, food problem

Royal Canin for bulldogs is made different than other food they have to chew it. It is a wave like shape for bulldogs. Try a small bag and see if he eats it ok. I use it on my dogs and the y love it. It also gives their teeth and gums a workout.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I dont think you can go wrong w/ DVP foods... Jerry and my Lab eat DVP Ultra and Love it.. Their coats are nice, Jerry now 6mnts old is over 65lbs.. Their stool is firm.. BUT when I 1st put them on DVP it was alittle runny for a couple weeks but firmed up. When it comes to shopping at PetCo or Petsmart for food I think theres none better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts