Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

Official Site Conversion Help Thread

8K views 107 replies 29 participants last post by  mstngchic2012 
#1 ·
Ask your questions here about features or if something is not working for you. I do however advise you to post your OWN THREAD if something is not working for you and you need help with it. That way, your question does not get lost in the shuffle of what will most likely be a very long thread. :)

#7 ·
the font isn't really too small, its just the coloration, the green makes font of almost any color hard to see, i mean maybe if it was bigger font.
that, and the sections are now spit and mixed up, you have to go around your thumb to get to your butt just to see your private messages, the photo gallery can be good, but i like and prefer picture threads, thats just me, and realistically, no one is going to use the calander feature, those those last 2 things are obviously optional, i know i dont' have to use them...

#13 ·
It's a bit confusing at first but I think I can get used to it. The one thing I don't like is that I can't seem to mark threads read or forums read if there are posts that I don't want to read and I don't want it to say there are new posts (the ones I don't want to read). Also it seems like it's taking a long time for the site to register the fact that I have read all new posts and leaving the forum marked as if there are new posts.

#14 ·
huh!! you guys need to get over it, I bet in a few days you will like it alot more... I think this new format is better... Its a format that alot of forums use and as far as text being smaller its all in your head lol.. I do agree that it was a poor choice of green to use I think a nice blue or lighter shade of green would have been alot better as far as design goes but to each their own right.

#17 ·
Btw, let's say you're reading a thread and you want to send a PM to someone who has posted in the thread, the quickest way to do this is to click on the user's name. A drop down menu should appear. There should be some options there, among them, "send private message to..."

Voila!

#18 ·
ACK I don't like the green at all. Much prefer subdued colors. The green hurts my eyes. And I'm sure people will get used to the layout, and the way the subforums are separated but it's kinda hard to even look past the green IMHO.

I have been a mod/admin on a car based site for 6 years now and every time someone tries out a new color that is bold, people complain. Also it's easier on the eyes if there is not as much contrast ie: the black bars separating the posts, and the green bars....that is just TOO MUCH contrast. Subdued colors (as in the light blue of the previous format) are much easier on the eyes.

I agree w/ CFire that it's almost giving me a HUGE headache. Just looking at the screen for 5 minutes. Makes the eyes go all wappy.

I can say without a doubt that I'd be spending FAR LESS time on the board if the contrast is not toned down quite a bit.

I do like the updated format as in the drop down menu, the multiple quote buttons and the reply to buttons....the format will throw some ppl for a loop but people will adjust.....it's just the contrast of the colors that's a huge turn off....IMO.

#20 ·
I remember when we switched from the ORIGINAL BDB forum to the one we are all so used to - people revolted - some disappeared and wouldn't stay around because they didn't like how it looked/navigated. Yes, this is different and I agree the old forum was "prettier" and easier to read but this new forum has a ton of really cool new features that I love. Lets try to get used to it and not lose anyone!! :)

#21 ·
Btw, I'm the one who reorganized the forum layouts in terms of categories and sub categories. I thought it would just be more organized for people who come on and can see distinct categories. Now, if things are placed in the wrong category, we can change that.

#26 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback about the site, especially the look of it. Can I politely ask that you guys give this a chance for a period of time and if it hasn't grown on enough of the community, I will make sure to add the option of choosing different "skins" for the site look. Fair enough?

#33 ·
If you go to your control panel (up top far left) and select "edit options" you need to go thru that list and select the options you would like to utilize. There are check boxes under "Thread Display Options" that are as follows, just check the boxes to display avatars, sigs etc and it will display them :)

Visible Post Elements
You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
Show Signatures
Show Avatars
Show Images (including attached images and images in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.