Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally figured out what his issue was. He is allergic to poultry. Every food we tried to put him on (including the allergy formula we tried to get him to STOP throwing up) had either chicken or turkey in it.

We put him on Costco's Kirkland Signature Lamb and Rice when I read that the Chicken and Rice was more highly graded. So we tried to switch him over but he started throwing up repeatedly about 2 hours after eating. My husband started looking at the labels and noticed the similarity between all the foods we had tried, and we linked the throwing up to switching him to those foods. So, he is back on Lamb and Rice and doing just fine. Such a strange thing, but easy-ish to avoid.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Wow, an allergy so severe that it causes vomiting??Wow!

Glad you figured things out, and in time! Just imagine if it went on longer, poor puppy!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well we suspected it was food related, after we went to the vet we went through so many tests, he had no diseases, no worms, the vet just told us that he was in a vicious cycle, his stomach and intestines were so irritated that it was making the problem worse, so the solution was to take all food and water away for 12 hours, to let his insides calm down, then slowly introduce water/food.

The last time I tried to switch his food, and he threw up for 2 days, when I started to give him food again, he wouldnt go near it. I soaked it in milk, and that enticed him, and he has been fine ever since.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What a blessing that your baby doesn't have any serious problems. Happy to hear that all is well. BtW Carter has been on California Natural's lamb & rice for puppies since he was 6wks. He is really thriving on it. I have heard that it is hard to get for some but I think that it is worth it.
Good luck too the all of you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.