Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry haven't been posting lately been involved with work and getting the wedding thing on track plus buying a house and such.

But my question what is the best way to keep my gf from running behind my OEB with mop and bleach, she is in her first and bloody heat, I trie dtelling her no couch no beds but to no avail guess what - and guess what time o the month it is. I know about the doggy diapers, if Jezabel wasn't part billy goat I would have no problem. ANy help would be greatly appreciated,

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
If you let her on the couch and such normally how would she know that she isn't allowed on them when she is in heat? You can try putting underwear (a hole cut for her tail, but she might chew them off!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Don't know the type of fabric on your couch. But hydrogen peroxide will take blood stains out of fabrics. If you place a small amout of HP on the spot, you'll see it start to bubble. You'll have to dab the spot with a paper towel or old rag & repeat until the stain is gone.

Hope this helps.

Maria

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Get out all your old camping blankets, and cover everything! Just toss them in the wash at the end of the day, when shes sleeping in her kennel, and you have fresh clean furniture covers in the morning.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
CowBella said:
Get out all your old camping blankets, and cover everything! Just toss them in the wash at the end of the day, when shes sleeping in her kennel, and you have fresh clean furniture covers in the morning.
That's what I had to do when Heidi was having bladder problems. COstco sells these blankets that match the dog beds that they sell and I use those for everything. I think they're $13 and they are really thick and water resistent. They are small enough to fit in the wash too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanxs

`Thanxs,

BTW I was training not to go on the couch but do to my late nights at the station my wife thought it was cute to have her lay on the couch with her - told her when she starts her heats gonna be bad Mojo, and sure enough she started and the first one christianed with the blood wings o f puppy love but her.

I know about the puppy pads / diapers but again she eats window sills, blankets, bed post, door knobs - probably small children if I let her so that is a no go. Someone said stick a pad on her (sticky side towards her) to try an help.

Again thanxs for the info.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Try keeping her crated or contained in an easily cleaned area.

·
Registered
634 Posts
i have hard wood floors i keep my to girls in the back room it easy to clean up cause its filled with cages the pup just tears underware off but the oldest one listens well so we only let her out when we are home just do what is ever easyst for u youll find something

·
Registered
133 Posts
i would try the diaper. they aren't too expensive and she might surprize you. my girl went into heat a few months back, and i thought that she would rip her diaper off in a second, but after the first time i told her no when she went to bite at it, she left it alone. you should get a washable one (they get smelly :? ).

good luck!!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I love the tighty whities! Buy a size that fits your dog, flip 'em backwards and stick the tail through the hole. It all depends on your dog, Mercedes keeps them on no problem, Diamond cannot stand them! It is easier that we can keep them in our back room on the hardwood. It's messy, but easily cleaned with bleach and water.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Not all dogs bleed. Sometimes it is just a straw or hay colored discharge, that you may not notice. My pitty girl had show her first cycle, but never again till she got spayed at about 4 years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts