Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have gone from eating rocks to eating roots (which hal still does) but now hes picup another habit instead of roocks he trys to dig up and find any piece of metal he can? Is he lacking iron or something? He is on natural balance. Seems when we just get he to stop with one thing he finds another. but now its always something metal and this is fairly new with him. I'm just wondering if he is lacking something or is this just another habit I have to break like the rocks never a dull moment with him LOL.
just like kids.
I don't know who had the house before us but so far he has brought me a jack handle, a metal brake pad, some pennies, a huge wingnut, a couple of washers, a fence bracket. I feel like I have a metal an automatic metal detecter in the yard LOl

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I feel your pain...sometimes I wonder if my yard used to be a land fill. They have brought me...pieces of action figures, old greeting cards, pieces of metal, an office ID, trophy tops, you name they have dug it up...I think it more of a fun thing for them. They smell it, look for it, make a mess, then get it! I doubt it is a nutritional thing...but I really don't know!

·
Super Moderator
16,010 Posts
Re: These boys

halo said:
Man I tell ya I don't know why there airn't more out there being use by the PD and rescue to sniff things out cause they really are good at it LOL

I totally agree with this, they would make great searh and rescue dogs. On the other forum
I had posted about Clara's nose and how good she was at sniffing things out. I think these
dogs get so bored so easily that they make up there own game, "if it ain't dirt - what is it"
and they just go to town digging it up. Clara goes crazy digging up bugs because she likes
to trail them under the ground in thier tunnels. It is hilarious to see her in action.
:lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts