Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Well if it isn't one thing, it's another. I discovered this thing on his leg tonite. I dont know what this is. It's all scabby, very dark ( like dried blood ) & doesn't hurt him at all. I saw him biting at his leg a few days ago, but really didn't think nothing of it, then I saw this. I'm out of vet money, I just cant take him back right now. If you guys could let me know what this is & possible treatments, I would greatly appreciate it. It looks like a fungus spot, so I cleaned it with his shampoo & hot water the best I could. Tried to get the scabby stuff off, but it wasn't coming, & then applied some antifungal ointment. Please let me know.

Thanx
Chap

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm not sure what it is, but if it was me I would clean it with peroxide and put some antibiotic ointment on it then keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx, that is what I did. Doesn't but him at all. I'm starting to chaulk it up to new environment & me being way too paranoid. I just got Apollo 2 weeks ago & losing my mind at every little thing. I got to remember, it's a dog, & more importanly, a house dog at that. Just got to remember that. I thought it might be some fleas, as he would snap around & chomp on the ankle every not & then. I gave him his flea meds & i'll just make sure I clean it real good.

Thanx
Chap

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
It's not like a hot spot? Is it right on his elbow? My dogs both have callusses (sp?) on their elbows. All the fur is rubbed sorta weird and the skin is really thick.

·
Registered
46 Posts
oooohhhh, my dawgie had something like that on his left cheek last summer. it kinda looked like a pepperoni was stuck to his face. i used sulfodine.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it's right near his knee. It's not really hot spottish, & it doesn't bug him to touch. I'll just keep applying some ointments for the next few days & see whats up. It doesn't bother him at all & he doesn't seem to be biting at it anymore ( that I can tell ), but i'll watch it. It just is getting frustrating. Seem to fix one problem & another crops up.

Thanx
Chap

·
Registered
380 Posts
chapds said:
Hey guys,

Well if it isn't one thing, it's another. I discovered this thing on his leg tonite. I dont know what this is. It's all scabby, very dark ( like dried blood ) & doesn't hurt him at all. I saw him biting at his leg a few days ago, but really didn't think nothing of it, then I saw this. I'm out of vet money, I just cant take him back right now. If you guys could let me know what this is & possible treatments, I would greatly appreciate it. It looks like a fungus spot, so I cleaned it with his shampoo & hot water the best I could. Tried to get the scabby stuff off, but it wasn't coming, & then applied some antifungal ointment. Please let me know.

Thanx
Chap

I use a herbal root called comfrey root, its inexpensive and actually promotes tissue growth. YOu make a tea with one cup of root, ( goes a long way) use a big pot . I make buster sit on the floor with his foot in the pot and rub the liquid on the injury. $5.00 is what it should cost you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx. Where would one pick up comfrey root ?? Food store, pet store ?? Thanx again.

Thanx
Chap

·
Registered
380 Posts
chapds said:
Thanx. Where would one pick up comfrey root ?? Food store, pet store ?? Thanx again.

Thanx
Chap
Comfrey root you find at a health food store, homopathic store. This root is also used for sprains, in ancient days it was used to heal fractures, I use it on my disk herniation (its just like icy hot), MY Buster literally drinks this , but warning of injestion is it can cause liver problems, so i would just use as i directed .

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you very much. You know, i'm kinda chaulking this up to a callus now. I looked at his other leg last night & he has a wear mark in the same exact spot. When I throw the ball for him, he slides on my carpet on that area. Does this make sense ??

Thanx
Chap

·
Registered
380 Posts
chapds said:
Thank you very much. You know, i'm kinda chaulking this up to a callus now. I looked at his other leg last night & he has a wear mark in the same exact spot. When I throw the ball for him, he slides on my carpet on that area. Does this make sense ??

Thanx
Chap
I was going to ask if you keep him outside at all on concrete?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, he usually stays in the house, but the more I think about it, the more I think it's a rug burn. Thanx for getting back.

Thanx
Chap

1 - 12 of 12 Posts