Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But we ended up w/ another dog almost right away after Sam's departure as he was about to be put down due to 'chewing' (apparently the final straw was when he chewed the seat off of their 4 - wheeler). The neighbor lady found out and took him - to keep him from being put down but she was a single mom who worked two jobs so she was about to take him to the pound. I'm familiar w/ this breed as we had one when we were growing up and my grandparents owned a couple. They tend to suffer from kennel shock as they can be slightly neurotic dogs. So I know he's not a bully - and the pics are a bit blurry but here ya go..

I know they are blurry - he doesn't really stay still and it was w/ my camera phone as I don't have a cord for my digital yet. I still miss Sam and he's certainly a freakin' spaz but he's growing on me - (kinda like a fungus) and he's AWESOME w/ the girls which is a BIG plus. Let me know what u think - if anything.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Aw! He's cute! He's a German Shorthair Pointer right? What's his name?

Im a firm believer in things happen for a reason, and as hard as was to lose Sam, maybe it was ment to happen so this guy had a chance to be loved. Maybe Sam even sent him your way?

Congrats on the new dog and thank you for taking him in and giving him a chance at a new, real, better life!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah - he's a GSP - oddly enough it is the exact breed I was looking for (and had been) before coming across Sam. They are genearlly hard to find and when u do u have to pay well over $200 just for a rescue and this one was free! Here are some better pics - less blurry...

It's interesting because your comment on things happening for a reason - someone else mentioned that and I myself don't belive in 'coincidence's'... Interesting.

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
Tinkerbell said:
Aw! He's cute! He's a German Shorthair Pointer right? What's his name?

Im a firm believer in things happen for a reason, and as hard as was to lose Sam, maybe it was ment to happen so this guy had a chance to be loved. Maybe Sam even sent him your way?

Congrats on the new dog and thank you for taking him in and giving him a chance at a new, real, better life!
I completely agree...I'm glad you found someone so deserving of your love and kindness! He looks like a sweetie!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OMG is he ever - the biggest baby in the world. The cat beat the crap out of him and he squealed like a pig and ran behind me. Cat had no claws and my 10 lb pom chase's him around the house. :roll: hehe...

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
:lol: Isn't it strange how things turn out sometimes? Is it "destiny" or just a "coincedence"??? Who can say? I guess it depends on what you believe. I believe things happen for a reason.

I like GSP's alot. They're my favorite huntin' dog. And they live along time, make excellent watch dogs, and are awsome with kids.

What's your boy's name?

·
Registered
188 Posts
he is adorable! my parents have a pointer and although he is huge, he is the biggest baby ever. he rolls over onto his back as soon as my dad walks in the door. they are really great dogs.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
His name is Buddy - I don't like it, thinking about changing it. Any suggestions? I was thinking Tank or Moose cause he's so friggin' huge and he's like a bull in a china shop! :shock: LOL

·
Registered
965 Posts
newpitowner said:
His name is Buddy - I don't like it, thinking about changing it. Any suggestions? I was thinking Tank or Moose cause he's so friggin' huge and he's like a bull in a china shop! :shock: LOL
Dume
Origin: African
Meaning: The Bull

Name: Tani
Origin: Japanese, Melanesian, Tonkinese, Andalusian
Meaning: valley; sweetheart; youth; bull that charges randomly

Name: Taurean
Origin: African-American
Meaning: Strong as a Bull

Name: Taurus
Origin: Latin

You can check an awesome pet name website here:
http://www.petnamesworld.com/

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you so much for your suggestions. I'll post another thread about his potential new names and you guys can tell me what you think...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
You are an Angel for saving him. Leave him as Buddy.

·
Registered
979 Posts
ultimatek9 said:
newpitowner said:
Dume
Origin: African

Name: Tani
Origin: Japanese, Melanesian, Tonkinese, Andalusian
Meaning: valley; sweetheart; youth; bull that charges randomly

Name: Taurean
Origin: African-American
Meaning: Strong as a Bull

Name: Taurus
Origin: Latin

You can check an awesome pet name website here:
http://www.petnamesworld.com/
African is not a language. Thought I might point that out.

Paula

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LMBO - I think we've decided on Toby. He'll answer to anything really - it's really more for us than him. As long as u have a treat, a leash or some other 'fun' item he doesn't care and he loves EVERYONE. I know it's kinda silly but that kinda makes me sad - I mean I want him to be good w/ everyone but I wish he 'loved' me - how silly am I?! So Toby it is... unless we find something we like better that is... 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.