Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I talked to vet dogs been check and in perfect health and no worms So this is waht he told me . as far as Halo trying to eat his stool with the food switch in a way yes it was the food, but the food is not a bad food, what happens is If the dog can't digest it all when they eat it it will infact remain in the stool and then they smell the undigested food and they will do this. So The food isn't bad my halo just doesn't digest it. But natures recipe does have another one that is highly digestable so I can try that one instead of the reg adult formula. I knew something was up and thats why with the other food they were ok. So now i know and I hope this helps someone else too. NATURES RECIPE is ok my dog is strange LOL he can only digest certain foods.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this was just the plain adult one maybe its not as good lamb and rice one. I couldn't believe my eyes But I know it had to be that cause i am always with them outside and they never did it till i started to give them that and as soon as I stopped it they where back to normal and no more problems. Its wierd cause my rotty eats it no problem he is in a separate area . It was just them. and that food. they are back on the wellness for now But that was the only change they had i know they are worm free I have them checked and nothing else had changed except that. I thought some thing was wrong till I stopped feeding them it and it stopped as fast as it started. strange

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah there was a link on here on this board with the info and it did make sense it said that no one food has everything a dog needs and to avoid any build up in their bodies of certain things and for them to get the different things they thrive on it is good to rotate the food either every other bag or once about every three months so they can get what they need. for instances instead of a dog eating just lamb all its life it should have different kinds of meats stuff like that I'll see if i can find the link

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rex eats that and has never ate his poop
So does my rotty eat it and he has never done that My twins are wierd i tell ya. One food only . anyway I just put em back on wellness and I'll switch between that and the other they do good on it and just thought I'd try a new one But I guess not. LOl and I have never run into this before ever with any dog only these strange ones LOL anyway they stopped it and they just won't get it

·
Registered
775 Posts
Re: Ok what the heck is in Natures recipe ???

halo said:
I start the switch and there goes halo right over and went to eat his stool I was like NO and he was determined.
I'm not sure what you mean. He went to eat his stool?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts