Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been off my rocker with worry all night and all day.

All 7 dogs, including all 3 puppies were playing with a JCPenney magazine last night shredding pages and having a blast. I know I shouldnt let them, but they werent doing any harm.

So I thought!

I let them out, they pottied, I put them in cages for the night, and walk to the blanket to shut the glass doors and step on something. TG I had shoes on, it was a chewed up BIC razor. I was astonished. The blades were twised and warped, the plastic on the entire end was gone.

So frantically I start searching for all the peices, I got a new razor out and looked to compare, the new one, identicle, had 3 blades, I only found 2!!!

I searched everywhere. I got all the pups and checked each ones mouth for the razor or cuts or anything.................NOTHING! No signs of blood from chewing, nothing!

I called the emergency vet. They said I can bring in all 7 dogs for $200 xrays each, or give it a day or two to see if I notice anything.

They said if the ones I found were warped and chewed up, if they did ingest one, it may be warped and chewed up enough to pass.

I am so worried.

I called the vet today, they said the same thing.

Should I take all 7 in for x rays??Or wait it out a day or two??So far they all seem wonderful and fine, no signs of anything!

My oldest boy dumped the bathroom garbage into a bag and I guess it may have fallen out then. And he didnt see it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,560 Posts
wow steph! I am sooooo sorry, my heart is racing just listening to the story.

But like the vet said, if the other 2 are warped good chance so is the third. And if you didn't see any cuts in the mouths.

I would wait a day or two. $1400 is a TON of money, especailly if you just missed it and it is on the floor some where. If you see nothing pass in 2 days, then it is worth the money. Or if you notice blood or anything
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,604 Posts
:shock: i hope everything turns out OK. If it were me, I'd have to wait & see. Dakota ate an entire battery once and was fine :oops: . Hope the dogs are OK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,755 Posts
I've read that you can dip cotton balls in coffee creamer and feed them to the dogs. (I forgot the logic behind the coffee creamer, but I think it was just to entice the dog to eat the cotton.) The cotton will wrap itself around anything sharp in the stomach and cushion, and the sharp object should pass easily.

I hope your dogs are all okay!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,560 Posts
oooo thanx for the tip Leeann!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,604 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
I've read that you can dip cotton balls in coffee creamer and feed them to the dogs. (I forgot the logic behind the coffee creamer, but I think it was just to entice the dog to eat the cotton.) The cotton will wrap itself around anything sharp in the stomach and cushion, and the sharp object should pass easily.

I hope your dogs are all okay!
It's like the Doctor's Book of Home Remedies for Dogs :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I will go home and feed all my dogs cotton balls???!!!

Lol, but not lol, know what I mean???

Anyway, thanks for the concern, and I will be inspecting 7 dogs poo every day, lets see, 7 dogs, times approx 2 poos a day each, give or take a little, 14 poos a day, times 7 days..............OMG, no wonder my kids hate me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,560 Posts
I would acutally try the cottonball thing... can't hurt right?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Well I'm hoping for the best and would have to think that your dogs would have signs in their mouth if they swallowed a razor blade.
Worst case scenerio is one of them has a smoother rear than the rest of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,560 Posts
Family of 5 said:
Worst case scenerio is one of them has a smoother rear than the rest of them.
lmao, only you James
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
OMG..hope they are all ok....i dont want to worry but think u shud know...its not the same but not far off..my mates dog knocked off her mums sewing basket and swallowed a sewing needle...

U know the kind right??

well they took it to the vet and had x-ray....it had cut something on the inside....she nearly died....to be honest i have xrays...after a few days time...jsut incase it does past....sorry if i have worried u even more but thought u shud know!!

all the best

xxx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont think you can worry me anymore!

It was an old razor, pry not the sharpest.

Im waiting, watching, any weird signs. Bleeding anywhere, not eating, whatever. I will be right at the vet.

I prolly wouldda taken them already, but if I just knew which one, instead of trying all 7.

Dang dogs..........Dang kids........................DANGIT!

Ill watch. Ill search poo and look for signs of a baby smooth rearend!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,635 Posts
Oh what a scary situation. I hope you find the blade and that all the dogs are ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
When we thought that Lila had eaten some straight pins, our vet said to give her LOTS of heavy bread (like sub rolls) soaked in mineral oil. The bread should help surroung anything sharp and the oil will.... well you know.
He said mineral oil works the best cause its really thick.

Let us know how they make out! Super scarey!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,423 Posts
Wishing you the best.

I would wait it out also. That way you can at least narrow down who's not acting normal versus taking 7 dogs in for xrays. Hopefully it's just somewhere in the yard! Try the bread and mineral oil trick! Sounds better than eating cotton. LOL :lol:

I'll keep all my fingers crossed for ya!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Every dog ate dinner, and pooed, havent found the blade yet.

They all(get this) mauled a comforter, stuffing everywhere, there is their dose of cotton, huh???Lol, never fails.

They are all playing, have been for hours, goofy and silly as always.

Daizy seems alittle sleepy tonite, hope that is nothing. But we play in the bedroom in the evening, so I will see then.

Ya know, the more I think, the more I realize, I think sometimes we ARE in hell, and when we die we will finally be free....know what I mean???Make it through the worst before it gets better???
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top