1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
I DO want to own a Black Champs dog SOME day....but it won't be for a few years yet. I have my hands full with three right now. Great lookin' specimen

~S

·
Registered
634 Posts
i was at bulldogger fest too and i love your dog verry nice frame on him not to often u see pits that big a friend of mine has a red nose and he is big hes wider and alittle shorter than your but your dog has better bones and a bigger head verry nice i really like you dog

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
apbtgurl26 said:
BanterBull said:
apbtgurl26 said:
He's so handsome! I love black pitbulls!
FYI, Onyx and all of Black Champs dogs are American Bulldogs, NOT Pitbulls....

~S
:oops: Oops...sorry! Either way, he's very handsome! :D
It's a common mistake because a few generations back, there is APBT blood in their lines. But, they're registered AB's. Actually, I think AB's and APBT's are way more intertwined than most people realize. You're right, either way, he's great looking.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
BanterBull said:
apbtgurl26 said:
BanterBull said:
apbtgurl26 said:
He's so handsome! I love black pitbulls!
FYI, Onyx and all of Black Champs dogs are American Bulldogs, NOT Pitbulls....

~S
:oops: Oops...sorry! Either way, he's very handsome! :D
It's a common mistake because a few generations back, there is APBT blood in their lines. But, they're registered AB's. Actually, I think AB's and APBT's are way more intertwined than most people realize. You're right, either way, he's great looking.
Yeah, it's a mistake I commonly tend to make :oops: Looking at his pic in their avatar looks like my Koda in the face, with his floppy ears and all.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Onyx is an awesome dog! I had the pleasure of working Loki at the same place JnT_Onyx worked Onyx. He actually got me into the working aspect of ABs. Of course he is one impressive looking dog, but more importantly he has a great temperament and is a hard hitter! Unfortunately we moved from PA we don't get to work with them anymore. Jeff, we miss hanging out with you guys!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I think I remember Kogeki posting pics of Onyx a while back when you met him. he is a nice looking boy. :D

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Very nice looking AB, I don't remember seeing him at the show, I'm sure if I did I would've taken a few pictures, he is very handsome!

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I had to post this one. Onyx was hot after training and decided to climb into the empty drink bin. It was so funny :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all of the kind words. I really appreciate it. I got lucky and ended up with a nice dog and great wife who lets me spoil him. We still have a long way to go though. He will be 3 in December so it is time to put up or shut up and get him a titled in something. He has already won Best Male in Show at the Grantville NKC show this past summer.

BTW...He was only 1 in the pic in the avatar. He grew up quickly. I never recall him going through an ugly stage. He was a pretty boy from the day I picked him up. :roll:

At dog shows the only time you get to see him is when he has to go to the bathroom or headed to work. Bulldogger Fest was the exception because no one was working dogs throughout the show so I took him down to the ring when his class was in the ring. Kind of like when you see real contenders show up at the show, "The Contender". To let the guys in the ring know when the real deal is at ringside. :wink: WOW! That sounded arrogant. Forgive me!

Plus it is wasted energy to prance a dog around at a show and an opportunity to get into a silly altercation with another dog and who needs that.

Thom,

Of all the pics you take! You gotta go there! :lol: Actually Onyx was smarter than I was that day because I recall it being hot. Miss you guys up here. Wish you could push it down to MB. It is going to be a lot of fun down there.

Here is a little more respectable picture! :wink:

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
Wow...he is just STUNNING...so handsome! Looks like he's got a good grip on that guy, too!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts