Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

Opinions on Myer's Stud

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  OrsonDogge 
#1 ·
Before I decided on a standard/performance type AmBD, I was seriously considering a puppy from the Myers in Forest City, AR. Sassy's parents/kennel mates are all working dogs, ie hunting, weight pull, therapy, etc. These Myer's dogs are mainly pets/estate guards. Mrs. Myers said their stud, Tuffy, was 100% Johnson. I saw him in person, one heck of a big dog. :shock: They still have a couple of puppies for sale.

See less See more
#2 ·
Not quite sure what your question is....deciding on a pup? The Myers are very nice people. I personally haven't dealth with them, but haven't heard anyone utter a bad thing about them.

As far as thier dog, I will say he is not too bad looking for a 100% JDJ dog. He is a bit straight in the stifles and could stand to trim down a bit, but at least he's level and square. Most 100%ers are very high in the rear, straight stifled, cowhocked, out in the elbows, swaybacked, oversized,etc.... I really haven't seen but a handful of decent looking 100%ers out there.

If you are considering a pup, ask about thier guarantee, thier health tests, references to past buyers, etc. How is the dam of the litter bred?

#3 ·
I wasn't asking a question but I appreciate your evaluation. I was just passing on that there are "bully-type" puppies available in the NE Ark/Memphis, Tenn area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.