Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were on our walk tonite and out of nowhere this beagle mix dog
charges across street and attacks Orson!!!
We are on opposite side of street, not even on this dog's yard!
Well this dog runs up to him growling/barking and attacks him.
Of course Orson attacks him right back!! :shock:
I knew one dog was gonna wind up really hurt or dead (most likely the beagle).
Luckily before any bloodshed, this dog backed up
about 1/2 foot, but still barking. Then the owner runs up and grabs his dog and says "sorry bout that".
I wanted to say, "youre lucky your dog wasnt killed" :roll:

I am proud of Orson... I guess :? for not killing that dog, cause he could have pinned him down. He didnt even hurt the other dog.
I had a good hold on his leash, so i could have pulled him off. But didnt need to.

This same thing happened couple nites ago with another dog who came at us, running and barking. But that dog was smart enough to only come halfway to us, so no fight.

What is up with these people letting their dogs sit around loose in yards?? :roll:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I'm glad your doggie didnt decide to *gulp* get ugly!... Its one thing for people to have their dogs off leash in their own yard UNDER CONTROL at all times but its another if your dog acts like a nut case off leash. Their dog could of been hit by a car running across the street like that! Some people just dont think.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Lucky that Orson didn't gobble that dog up!!! It's also lucky for that beagle that you are a responsible owner and had Orson on a leash!!!

The people in my neighbourhood seem to think we live on a farm, and let their dogs just go loose all day long, I tried calling Animal Control, but they are SLOW to get here, and by the time they do the dogs are back in their yard/house. There's this one wolf hybrid that is always out and about, and the other day I had my puppy and my 1 year old out for a walk, and LUCKILY I was just going up my drive way when I saw the dog charging towards us, and just picked them both up and went in. It's pathetic, I'm starting to get scared going for a walk now.

I really don't understand what is wrong with some people??

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's pathetic, I'm starting to get scared going for a walk now.
The people in my neighbourhood seem to think we live on a farm, and let their dogs just go loose all day long
Same here!! :roll:
Today before the walk i saw a lab with a collar, running around in middle of our intersection, owner nowhere! And down the street there is a chow that sits unleashed in front yard and has run into street towards us before!
(we now avoid that street)
And we are in nice neighborhood in middle of city one block away from one of the busiest roads in town!

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
:roll: People are so dumb!!!!!! I guess they think that since their dog is "friendly" it is okay :banghead:

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's happened here a couple of times, twice larger dogs did get within striking distance of Storm and she latched on.

These people now look at Storm like she's the monster. :roll: Don't worry about the near miss car accidents their dogs have caused and all the training gone to waste on my dog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.