Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are back from our first trip to the lake house my father and stepmother bought at Lake of the Ozarks. It was awesome!

The gf and I swam in the lake and in the pool above the lake house, played put-put, raced go carts and rented a couple of sea doos.
The sea doos were awesome! We were shooting all over the lake. I got mine up to 55mph, let me tell you that felt FAST! My legs still feel like noodles.

My stepmother, with all of her fancy degrees, finally beat me at Scrabble.....barely. :wink:

Anyway I got some good shots of Mo and the family. Mo did awesome, as usual.

The Xterra parked behind the condo.

Our dock.

The Wasem

Mo and I both got seasick from sitting on the dock too long. Here's why.

The handsome family. Don't mind the big furballs, they are my parents' dogs.

Funny video of my family screaming at the one that got away from my dad.

Can't tell which of these two I like better, horizontal or vertical.

·
Super Moderator
16,002 Posts
What a wonderful and beautiful place. Looking at you all having
wine on the dock with the sunset coming in - I got so jealous. I am glad you all
had a great time and sorry Mo and you got Seasick . Love the close ups of Mo.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
You take the most amazing pictures. Of course with someone as handsome as Momer how could you go wrong?

Yeah, that video on the dock made me wanna be sick too. :pukeright:

BTW, I prefer the vertical picture!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you look at the dock on the fishing video you can really get a feel for how much the dock moves.
Keep in mind I am from the midwest, so those were some big waves to us. :oops: :confused4: :puke:

The hummingbird pic was my weekend mission. It took me three days to get good shots of one.
It helped when I used the manual focus and focused just past the far flower. Then I would wait, and wait and wait.

Thanks Kasco, I like the composition of the vertical one but that sky really pops in the horizontal one.

Thanks for the compliments gang!

:)

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
First of all, I'm so jealous!! Tha lake is absolutely beautiful! Mo looks handsome as always! He's such a gentleman! I prefer the vertical pic because it looks more secluded without all the other boats in the pic. All the shots are amazing though!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great looking pic's. The lake looks nice. I take my boat up to Heber Springs, AR all the time. Had to stop this year once we got Diesel. I figure he will get plenty of boating next summer when he's a little older.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
I take my boat up to Heber Springs, AR all the time
Oh, we have a boat at Heber Springs also!
My parents have a house up there on the little red river.
Havent gotten around to taking Orson on the boat yet, it's been
too hot!!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
beautiful place! love the photos :D
I was down in Missouri this weekend at Huzzah valley resort, we camped and went canoeing and kayaking..lots of fun!

·
Registered
724 Posts
AWESOME pics!!! You are so talented with the camera. AND MO is just such a stud!!

Thanks for sharing ... wish Dion and I could have gone! :wink:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
diesel4444 said:
Great looking pic's. The lake looks nice. I take my boat up to Heber Springs, AR all the time.
Had to stop this year once we got Diesel. I figure he will get plenty of boating next summer when he's a little older.
That's cool. I have never heard of Heber Springs, but I always remember Arkansas as
being beautiful. I am sure Diesel will do great on the boat. What kind of boats do you guys have?

The being at the lake house is a little bit of a guilty pleasure to me. My parents have a bad case of keeping up
with the Jonses (their friends have a condo three doors down, and a boat). I think my dad should retire and enjoy
himself, not keep buying and buying and buying. Now they are looking at a boat also. #-o He was scheduled to
retire this upcoming year. :( How do you tell your parents that you think they are overspending?

My girlfriend and I laugh because we agree that if it were us, we would just bum our friends condo and boat a
couple of times a year and not buy anything! :lol:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have done the Huzzah too. In fact, it was my first float trip of many. I hear it is super crowded these days as it is so close to STL.

LSC you could have taught us about the boats. We are completely in the dark when it comes to watercraft. They had to refill the Seadoo with gas right as we were taking off. I nearly wrecked into the dock trying to parallel park it next to the pump. :oops:

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: JEALOUS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

P.S LOVE THE NEW SIG ! THATS COOL AS HELL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts