Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a bad idea for me to give Harley Peanut Butter in her Kong w/ a couple of dog biscuits in the mornings before I go to work? I ask this because when I leave for work inthe mornings everyone is still sleeping for another hour or so yet. And she cries when I leave. This morning I put some peanut butter in the kong with a couple of dog biscuits and she was quiet and content when I left. I think she stayed that way but won't find out for sure until I get home. If it worked I would like to contiune this method if its not going to hurt her.

Kelly

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Like anything, peanut butter in moderation is ok. We do this with Haus as well. We fill his kong up with kibble(it's how he gets his morning meal) and just seal the top with peanut butter. It's never more that a teaspoon.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Just keep an eye on her too. Cause like any food, dogs can be allergic to it. I know Kate is allergic to peanut butter and she got a red rash on her tummy.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys very much! Perhaps this may be how Harley will receive her breakfast in the morning as well.

Kelly

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
I would put Abby's morning kibble in a bowl except she only licks the kong and doesn't understand to tip it over or anything. Cause I put a small treat in it and she licked it for half an hour until it got soggy and gross and I had to take it out. So mostly we just fill it up with salt free peanut butter. Also, what kind(color) do you have? We have red but the kong directions say american bulldogs should have a black one. I think the red one is fine, a little smaller and less tougher than black but it's okay.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We got her the xtra large red one. They didn't have any black ones. For now this one seems to be working well but I am keeping an eye on it.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I think peanut butter is fine in moderation. It is high in calories though so just be careful you dont feed too much as she could gain wieght. Also one thing you may want to consider is buying the all natural peanut butter that doesn't have all the sugar that Skippy or the other types like that do.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Theres nothing wrong with peanut butter. Its good the freeze the kong with the peanut butter in it because its lasts a lot longer. I like to get the all natural PB. I dont like the give Loki the stuff with all of the preservatives.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts