Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Bulldog Dozer wakes in the middle of the night and instead of waking us up he just pees. He never used to do this. He used to hold it all night. He won't poop in our bedroom just pee.

Any ideas on how I can train him to wake us up or something I can put on the carpet to discourage the behavior?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
do you have him crate trained or is he free in your house/bedroom at night?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We crate him during the day when we are not home but at night he is allowed only in our bedroom. We have done this from the beginning and it is just in the last couple of weeks he has started peeing. We have had him for 3 months now. Why all of a sudden?

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Anything new going on in his life? Sometimes changes can make dogs regress. How old is he? If he's still a puppy, could be he just needs more time. It can take a while for dogs to become fully housetrained. I would suggest crating him at night until he stops.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is what I am starting to think we have to do. I started going back to school and we started taking him to training classes. Overall he now spends more time with my husband then me which wasn't the case in the beginning. I didn't even think that might be effecting him. The only night he doesn't do it is on Saturday when I take him to class and spend all that time with him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.