Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Carter t6o the vet and he said the reason he is urinating blood is because of a Urinary tract infection. I have been giving him meds for the last two days.. (perscription lasts 2 weeks) and he is still bleeding away every half hour when he strains to pee and nothing but little drips come out....

shouldnt it be a little better yet?... or does it take awhile

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I would think it would be better by now, I would call the Vet ans see what they say

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
It's only been two days and the infection is serious since he is peeing blood.I am sure it is going to take longer then two days to start seeing improvement.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I have had UTIs myself, enough to tell you that when there is blood in the urine it will definately take more than 2 days. Even took up to a week for my meds to help sometimes.
Give it some time I'm sure the meds will start working soon....

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Kelly said:
It's only been two days and the infection is serious since he is peeing blood.I am sure it is going to take longer then two days to start seeing improvement.
Sorry I saw the 2weeks and thought it had been that long :oops:

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
angie7349 said:
Kelly said:
Sorry I saw the 2weeks and thought it had been that long :oops:
Well that would be a long time to wait for meds to kick in! UGH, UTIs are horrible....

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Did the vet x-ray to see if it could be a stone in the bladder? Because those can cause the same symptoms.

34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, he is the first pitbull puppy i have had... and he eats and drinks alot... but my boyfriend said its ok? He def likes his food and water tho

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think I would call the vet just to be safe.
If like you said he is eating and drinking a lot, I would think he should be peeing more that a couple of drops.
I'm no vet, but that's what we pay them for is to answer our questions.
Good luck and hugs for you and Carter, let us and know how he is doing.

34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well he does eat and drink a good bit, and when we take him out, he usually pees alot... followed by a few drips of blood and a bit of struggling. also, while we are in the house, he will try to pee but cant... only a few drops of blood.

also on that subject of eating and drinking, how often and how much should we feed this guy? 7weeks old and heathy as far as we can tell... minus the urinary tract infection and the blindness

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sorry I guess I miss understood your post. (glad he is eating and drinking lots, that will help him get back on track in no time)
Feeding depends on what type of food your feeding but I think its about 1 cup 3 times a day.
You should check out the feeding section its has some great information.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts