Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Lily has been housebroken, she rarely EVER has accidents anymore. But now, she will pee on my things. Like she peed my bed, and my couch. And a few mins ago she peed on a pillow that was on the floor. Why would she do this?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Rachel Zugg said:
Ok, Lily has been housebroken, she rarely EVER has accidents anymore. But now, she will pee on my things. Like she peed my bed, and my couch. And a few mins ago she peed on a pillow that was on the floor. Why would she do this?
She may have a UTI. That is my first guess. Or she may have some issues with you!! LOL I don't really know if that is a behavioral thing.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I had a problem with both of my females peeing on my stuff. (beds, blanets, etc) I had to restrict where they were allowed to go. In our case I believe it was a territory thing. They were marking "their" spots. We went back to basics with them and enforced the whole alpha thing. No problems with Jazz anymore. Sosi hopped up on my bed and peed on my comforter just last night!! :shock: I had just washed it and I think that had something to do with it. So, no on the furniture for her for awhile til she gets it!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
We never had a problem with Shelby doing it, but Koda we did. And like Kasco said - it was typically after we just washed it and he was marking his territory again with his "scent". He's been broke of it though...thank god!

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
Clara does this to her bed after it has been washed, so I think it is because of the laundry scent. The thing is, is that she loves a clean bed - but hates to loose her scent. What to do, what to do. :wink:

Lily could also be a little jealous of Lola and just marking her stuff to keep Lola from it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
luna does the same thing when i wash her bed she will pee on it sometimes. everyone i talk to says it is normal. you have to remember they are animals

·
Registered
979 Posts
Could be a UTI could be spay incontinence. Either one is simply corrected.

Paula

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, she has a small case of vaginitis and is on meds for that. maybe that has something to do with it?

I dont think it is Lola, they are still separated.... but she could be smelling the other dogs on my stuff.... hmmmmm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, I would think lily does that to mark her territory. correct me if i'm wrong but you'll have to show her that you're the "pack leader", so she won't claim your belongings as hers by marking.
I have a 9month old english bulldog, my problem is that he's been peeing on his bed of late. I'm not talking about marking...He has been potty trained. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
My dogs went through a phase where they were having "pee wars". THey were actually peeing on their toys, beds, on eachother's pee, everything! TO this day, if Chico sees Heidi pee, he will run over and pee on top of hers. It's totally a territorial thing with my dogs. My old female cocker spaniel was really bad about that too. She ran into the guest bedroom when my parents had friends over and peed in their open suitcase! It was really embarressing!

·
Registered
3 Posts
WOW, sounds like alot of cleaning and apologizing for u. Did u solve this problem?
But, why would my 9month old dog just pee on his bed??? From what i hear, dogs try to pee and poop as far away from there den as possible. My only explanation is that accidents happen? Which, gets me worried b/c he pee'd on his bed for the past week.... I hope it's not a bladder/health problem.... :(

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
Atticus went through a phase where he whizzed on all his stuff, too. His bed/our bed...it was constant. I would guess that us really making ourselves known as being higher than him on the dog chain stopped it. He hasn't done it in quite a few months.

Also, is your dog on any medications? Those could cause it. The prednisone he was on caused him incontinence problems while he was on them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thank

thanks . I guess i just have to be a bit more patient. However, i do feel better about it.
I'm giving him medicine for heartworms which, he's been taking for 4 months now. I also don't leave out that much water for him when he goes to sleep. :D

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
gazar said:
Clara does this to her bed after it has been washed, so I think it is because of the laundry scent. The thing is, is that she loves a clean bed - but hates to loose her scent. What to do, what to do. :wink:

I have an easy fix for this! Before you put her clean bed down, take an old towel or small blanket, rub the heck out of Clara with it (to get her scent on it), and cover the bed with it. Or you can give it to her to lay on a few days before you wash her bed to get it full of her scent then use it to cover the bed after it's been washed. We did this with one of our foster basset hounds who did the same thing.

As far as Lily, it could be almost anything. It could be her vaginitis, the meds, spay incontinence, UTI, behavior issues, etc, etc. Does her urine smell bad (worse then "normal" pee smell)? What are her mannerisms before she pees on things? Might take some close observation to find out whats causing it and how it can be fixed. Of course, have the vet check her out to be sure it's nothing medical.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She hasn't been spayed yet, so I know it isn't that. Her infection is all cleared up, and as far as her behaviour, well there is none. I mean, she will just be sitting there and then BAM, she is peeing! Then she leaves the area. :?: But I have been reinforcing NILF with her, and it has gotten better. But now she is doing it in her crate.....

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Rachel Zugg said:
She hasn't been spayed yet, so I know it isn't that. Her infection is all cleared up, and as far as her behaviour, well there is none. I mean, she will just be sitting there and then BAM, she is peeing! Then she leaves the area. :?: But I have been reinforcing NILF with her, and it has gotten better. But now she is doing it in her crate.....

Sounds EXACTLY like Lucy!!! She had puppy vaginitis FOREVER, like 5 months, we would put her on meds, it would clear up, then a few weeks later it was back again. Take another pee sample to the vet and make sure it isn't back. Lucy eventually grew out of this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts