Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had problems with their american bulldogs being people aggresive? murphy has not bitten anyone, but every now and then, he just kind of freaks out, and barks and growls at certain people. yesterday we took him to a festival, and he was great all day, and then this lady was petting him, and he all of the sudden just started barking at her, and acting like he wanted to bite her. what do i do in this situation? is this a common problem. he's a 10 month old neutered male.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I've not had that problem with my AB, bit I have with my Pitbull. I think the difference is that my AB is stable in temperament, whereas my Pit was a rescue, and probably came from some BYB somewhere. She's a bit unstable when it comes to people. Some people she loves, some she doesn't. know alot of people will say she's an accident waiting to happen, and she very well may be. She's not really aggressive, just a bit unpredictable around strangers. We go to great lenths to keep her out of any situayion where she may have the opportunity to get into trouble. I would never advise anyone to take a dog to a festival to begin with. Too much noise, too many people. The dogs get agitated and nervous. Next time, I would leave him home.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Kate would get nervous around people and would bark at them. What I did to fix it was to teach her to put all her attention on me by doing the heel command. It worked like a charm, now she just ignores people that we walk by. They don't need to pet her, esepcailly on a walk because that is our time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts