Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my moose likes to chase his tail. now i know that it's not the end of the world, and i know that's its not that uncommon, but is there anything i can do to deter or maybe stop this annoying habit?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
lol I'm sorry, I have to laugh at the title of your thread and what it is about!

But how to stop it... Definitly what the above post said. And if distraction doesn't work, get firm with him like if he was doing something bad. Firm no and put him in a sit so he can't chase it anymore.

Possibly this could be from not enough exercise also. If you give him extra long walks twice a day he might be toooo tired to chase his tail

·
Registered
932 Posts
Why is this a sign of not being smart?
Patch does this... and i think it's cute.... I think it adds character to my dorky little Patch!!!!!!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
out of 4 apbt's i have he's the only one who does this. i beleive its a sign of not being intelligent. Yeah it's cute but only for soooo long. he runs the backyard like the rest of em for at least 4 hours a day. i'll try the "NO" approach and bring him to a sit. i've tried distracting him with other toys, but 5 minutes later he's back at the best toy in the world his TAIL. yeah don't get me wrong it's hilarious after a few beers, but when my grandmother and mother come by he's running into there knees trying to catch the whip on his ass.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Legend did this alot when he was younger. He still does this sometimes. He gets lots of excercise, attention and plenty of toys. I really think its just an attention getter as most APBT's are clowns and so goofy! Here's an article on it tail chasing and ways to stop it. Although I don't think Meds are necessary! He may grow out of it or you might be able to distract him.
http://www.petplace.com/dogs/tail-chasing-in-dogs/page1.aspx[/url]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts