Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

Petsmart list

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  -removed- 
#1 ·
stopped in there yesterday, starting to prep for my bundle of joy flying in on Friday..lol

Anyhow everything was pretty simple.. Im getting a junk load of toys to keep him busy, a brush to brush him, a small blue harness for the days I do let him walk around out front for a few minutes with just one of those leash's that pulls out from the handle, a medium life stages crate I think it was the 36' one i think.. it looked plenty big for my eb to grow up in but I dunno.. and they didnt have any plstic dog beds so we were just gonna get him one of those soft squishy ones and see how he does with it..

Anyhow sorry for the the rambling, but heres the REAL HEALTH question..

Ive read soem food threads on here but im lost still...

I saw eukanuba puppy formula, there was Iams which for some reason my fiance said she thought was supposed to be one of the best foods to feed any pet.. I think I saw some food called Royal??

Anyhow I knwo to look for real meat as ingredients but I also saw chicken meal or corn meal in some.. just wondering if someone can point to a good NUTRIOUS food for my 8 week old mini EB..

Oh and if you want to comment on my list of goodies Im buying for him or add anything please feel free too :D

sorry for the long post :shock:

See less See more
#2 ·
Obelisk said:
I saw eukanuba puppy formula, there was Iams which for some reason my fiance said she thought was supposed to be one of the best foods to feed any pet.. I think I saw some food called Royal??
If you have to go to Petsmart, go for Royal. Stay away from IAMS and Eukanuba. They are garbage. You can order good foods online and have them delivered to your house also. I'm on my way out the door, I'll write more when I get back.

#3 ·
wow thanks for the info, ill be waiting for when you get back, maybe you can list a site where I can order food from and see how exspensive it would be??

Thanks

#4 ·
id wait on getting your pup a bed until he/she is fully crate trained
and they will have acidents for the first few weeks
just use a blanket or a couple towels for a bed as they are easy to wash

as for food
royal is good
athority harvest baked is also good, though it can take a couple weeks to get your dog used to a new food and he can get the runs
find out what the breeder was feeding and get a small bag of that too
and feed a mix or the two to start out
then gradually put less and less of the old as time goes by

#5 ·
I feed both of my dogs the Dick Van Patten's Duck and Potato mixed with some of the eatables wet food. The 30 lb. bag runs us about $40.00 and the eatables are about $2.99 a can (although one can lasts us about 2 days with 2 dogs). It is balanced for all ages and breeds. If you have a Petco nearby, they sell it there. Here is a link to the food. My dogs have done excellent on it and it's highly rated. :D

http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?R=8516&Nav=1&N=0&Ntt=Dick van&sku=822183&familyID=9751& - Dry Food

http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.a...ck van&cp=2&Nao=12&sku=382663&familyID=15437& - Wet Food (My dogs prefer the chinese take-out and the irish stew)

#7 ·
I get myn food at petsmart. I usually buy Aurthority Harvest Baked , but I found another food called Natures Recipe. I got the Chicken Rice and Barley kind. Speaking of that I need to post the ingredients in the dog food thing and see what it scores. It dont have no corn or wheat, no by products or filler and no artificail colorings. The lady that worked that said that it and Aurthority were pretty much the same.

#8 ·
I believe my breeder said she uses eukanuba. :cry:

so ill have to buy a small bag, and get my pup on one of these new foods... Probably the royal to try it, see how he likes it..

As for holding off on the bed, I can do that id rather have the need to was towels then buy a new bed right away...

Im gonna write down all the food suggestions, thanks to everyone hopefully I can find one that my pup likes the best :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.