Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to St. Louis today to pick up Magnus. We stopped at a rest area to let him out to potty, and then D had to use the restroom, so he handed me the leash. I was walking him around a bit, and then this lady got out of her car with a little pom. I spotted it before Magnus did, so I was trying to distract him until she got out of our view. Well, I was doing really good, until the pom shook off and jingled it's tags. Magnus went ballistic and was trying so hard to get to it. I grabbed his collar and forced him into a sit stay. He protested a little bit at first, but then gave in and just watched the pom and the lady walk away towards a field. Once they were out of sight, he walked back to the car and jumped right in his kennel. I think there's hope for him yet! When we got home, we tied him out front, instead of out back. He was so good out front. I went out and took a few pictures of him, and then D brought him inside. Magnus chilled in here with us for a bit, and we worked on the down command a bit. D stood up to move, and Magnus immediately tried to jump up on him. I told D to turn around and keep his back to Magnus, and so he did. Magnus just stood there, a little confused, but did not try to jump on him. After a minute, D turned back around, and Magnus started to jump up, so he turned back around. Did this a couple more times, until he finally turned around to face Magnus, and Magnus just stood there. It's going to take a lot of work, but we're going to do it.

Here's a few pics of the handsome fella:
(Please excuse his red rocket, he was really excited)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
SO gorgious!!!!!!

He will find someone whos perfect for him in due time!! Afterall, not everyone is worthy of his gorgiousness!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
oh my gosh, he is sooooooooo cute!!

I'm so sad it didnt work out with Don :( Poor guy. He sure deserves a great place and is very lucky to have you!

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
man, he is SUCH a good lookin' boy! Glad he seems to be a quick learner..patience and persistence...he'll be fine :D

·
Super Moderator
16,005 Posts
Magnus is a smart, intelligent dog and he will make a great dog for someone.
Right now it is you and eventually he will find his forever home. Thanks for giving him that chance.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awww, thanks everyone. I wish I would have taken pics of D playing with him last night. D was so happy, and Magnus was too.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
I meant to tell you: He looks so much better than he did when you got him! You can even see his ribs in the last picture! Keep up the good work. :D
Thanks! He's only lost 4-5 lbs, but he looks so much better!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
HausMommy said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
I meant to tell you: He looks so much better than he did when you got him! You can even see his ribs in the last picture! Keep up the good work. :D
He definitely does! And he's probably gained more muscle mass from all the walks you guys take him on, so that might be why it doesn't seem like he's lost much weight. So, he's at about 75lbs. right now?

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
HausMommy said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
He definitely does! And he's probably gained more muscle mass from all the walks you guys take him on, so that might be why it doesn't seem like he's lost much weight. So, he's at about 75lbs. right now?
That sounds about right. His walks are almost always at least a mile. When we were walking he and Haus side by side, we noticed that he and Haus are almost the same size. Haus has a wider rear, and Magnus has a wider chest. Their heads are almost the same size too! It's just weird, because I look at Magnus and think wow he's huge. I look at Haus and think he's not really that big. Then there's poor skinny minny Justice. That poor girl. :(

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
HausMommy said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
HausMommy said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
That sounds about right. His walks are almost always at least a mile. When we were walking he and Haus side by side, we noticed that he and Haus are almost the same size. Haus has a wider rear, and Magnus has a wider chest. Their heads are almost the same size too! It's just weird, because I look at Magnus and think wow he's huge. I look at Haus and think he's not really that big. Then there's poor skinny minny Justice. That poor girl. :(
Awww...I love skinny minny Justice. :) Bella's still about 62 lbs. She must have gotten her height from Destiny. I'm not sure where she got her leanness from! Destiny could just be overweight, but Bella's body type doesn't really resemble either hers or Magnus'.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
HausMommy said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
HausMommy said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Awww...I love skinny minny Justice. :) Bella's still about 62 lbs. She must have gotten her height from Destiny. I'm not sure where she got her leanness from! Destiny could just be overweight, but Bella's body type doesn't really resemble either hers or Magnus'.
I think Destiny is a bit overweight, but she's still a big girl. It's hard to say who she resembles, but she's definately got Magnus' head! I'll try to take some pics of Haus and Magnus together tonight, so you can see how close in size they are!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts