Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here so just thought I show some pics of the pups.

17 weeks tomorrow heres some pics from since I picked them up to now. 10 weeks to 17. Female is mine Blue Brindle "ICE" and the male is my roommates Rev Blue Brindle "Deebo". Shes about 27Ibs and hes about 35ibs. He was the biggest in the litter I think they said he was 15ibs by 9/10 weeks we picked them both up at 10 weeks.

Thanks for looking, Brandon

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CowBella said:
Is she bigger than him now? Her head looks big!

Are they littermates?

Very cute pitties!

The male is bigger. Hes much longer and taller than she is. I was trying to get a good pic to show the size diff but thats the best I can do. And yea they are Brother and Sister.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Very cute! Was it a blue to blue breeding?
The mom was a Rev Blue Brindle her owener is my roommate friend and the male I havent seen him in person but from pics I got of him he looks to be Rev Blue Brindle too. Heres a pic of the Mom and Dad.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
ChappsnHolly said:
Cuties. Your going to have your hands full! And get ready for allergies!
Yeah, no kidding! Especially since it was a blue to blue breeding. Might want to look into pet insurance now before they start having problems!
Legend's best buddy Tango is a blue brindle. Both her parents were blue and blue brindle. She has no problems at all.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the compliments and yes they get along great. What's the talk about allergies is the blue breed known to have allergies.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
ChiCarpenter84 said:
Thanks for the compliments and yes they get along great. What's the talk about allergies is the blue breed known to have allergies.
It really depends how they've been bred. If this was a backyard bred litter bred for color only (rather than health, performance, etc.), then there is a higher chance that at least some of the pups in the litter will have allergy problems. When you get into breeding dogs with recessive/dilute coloration genes, you also risk bringing out some health problems if you don't know what you're doing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
ChiCarpenter84 said:
It really depends how they've been bred. If this was a backyard bred litter bred for color only (rather than health, performance, etc.), then there is a higher chance that at least some of the pups in the litter will have allergy problems. When you get into breeding dogs with recessive/dilute coloration genes, you also risk bringing out some health problems if you don't know what you're doing.

Ok pretty sure it was a backyard bred. I was planning on getting some kind of insurance for them anyways thats the 1st thing my mom told me to do. Any kind of signs to look for. Ill read up more on the site and talk to my mom shes good with all this health stuff. Thank you though.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
You'll want to look out for scratching, chewing/licking of the paws, unexplainable rashes, hives. Most dogs' allergies are manifested in their skin. My blue female had pretty bad seasonal allergies when she was a pup. (She is a backyard bred dog.) She would get a red rash on her belly (that led to pyoderma a few times) after lying in the grass. She also broke out in hives several times and ended up chewing on her paws so badly that she was on antibiotics for 6 weeks to get rid of the deep infections. By the time she was 8 months old, we had spent over $2,000 at the vet battling infection after infection from her allergies.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I would stay away from food that has corn or wheat in it. just to be on the safe side. My white and blue APBT has bad allergies. I don't even know all the things that make her brake out in hives. :roll: the better foods don't have corn or wheat anyhow. there is a thread on foods. I hope that you don't have any problems. ps they are too cute!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts