Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post photo's of your pups when you got them and what they look like now with their story.
This could be a fun thread

I have 3 dogs all rescue dogs.
Pinkie - has a sad story I adopted her from a rescue group here in Maine ( I'm not sure if I can post the name of the rescue groups so I'll leave that out for now ) all three are different.

She was abandoned by her owner because she had demondex Mange.
This is her intake photo from the shelter.

another

She went through mange treatment and looked great ready for her forever home someone adopted her.
She was transported (3 days on the transport) from Arkansas to Connecticut but the person who adopted her never showed up to meet the transport.
She was transported back to the Arkansas shelter (another 3 days on the transport) her mange came back again through the stress of the trip.
She went through treatment again and was ready to go to her forever home.
Pinkie spent almost a year in the shelter waiting for a family to love her.
She found her forever home here in Maine. (all tho she does still have some problems she is now going through heart worm treatment.)

This is what she looked like when she first arrived in Maine.

This is what she looks like now.

This is Trouble I adopted him from a rescue group he was from a shelter in Ohio.
This is his photo when I got him.

This is a old photo of him but one I love I need to get new photos of him (he lives with my son)

This is Rue I adopted him from a rescue group he was from a shelter in Mississippi
His photo that I fell in love with on pet finders.

What he looked like when he came home.

and what he looks like now.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Beautiful dogs! Poor Pinkie looks like she's been through a lot. Thank God you came along! All three dogs are beautiful!
-Amber

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You Amber
I do love them.
All of a sudden I had 3
I'm new so maybe your story was already told.
But How did you get Chico and Heidi?
They are so cute.
Faye

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Oh Faye Bless you heart !!!!! That little girl looks like she needed your TLC!!! :love5: Glad to see that she found you

Nothing special about Tora's story she came from a loving home into another

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just love what you did with Pinkie!! Way to go!! The other dogs are so cute and Rue reminds me of Max my doggie. How old is Rue? Here is a pic of Max..He looks really crazy, hes dirty and thats leather we were playing tug with! He is 5 months old.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
OMG I cried looking at those pictures of Pinkie!! How could people let it get that bad?!?! Mags had mange as a d. mange when she was about 15 weeks but they caught it really early and we only needed two rounds of treatment to clear it completely and now its been gone for 2 years. That poor BABY!! She looks AWESOME now! I am SOOOOOO glad she found such a wonderful home with you!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vaughndyer1 said:
I just love what you did with Pinkie!! Way to go!! The other dogs are so cute and Rue reminds me of Max my doggie. How old is Rue? Here is a pic of Max..He looks really crazy, hes dirty and thats leather we were playing tug with! He is 5 months old.

Rue is about 5 months old and your right they do look alike

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing special about Tora's story she came from a loving home into another

You must have photos when you got her and what she looks like now
thats special

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
halo said:
So gald you adopted Pinkie she really neede that , and the others shelter pups too Bless you.

My twins are shelter pups we got them at 8 weeks old
Thank You all my dogs are special to me.

Post photo's of your twins what they looked like when you got them and what they look like now

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Post your dogs story and photo's too.
It does your heart good to look back and see what they looked like when you got them and what they look like now

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
The story of Pinkie broke my heart! You are a wonderful person for caring for her. She looks so great now! My stories aren't nearly as good as yours. We got Bella from a backyard breeder before we knew any better. She sure was a cute puppy, though!

Remy was supposed to be a our foster (our first foster, at that.) He was pretty neglected when he came to us. He was really skinny, and he smelled horribly of urine and had urine burn sores on his paws from being left in his crate with his own waste all the time. We fell in love with him and had to keep him. Here are his before and after pictures that I posted recently:

·
Registered
735 Posts
your babies are adorable! :D Thanks for caring so much for Pinkie.

·
Registered
238 Posts
/
/

We bought Sadie from joshua kennels- but we were the last ones to get our deposit in and he said he wasn't sure if we would get a pup from this litter or not, he sent pictures when the pups were 3 weeks old and said if we wanted one from this litter we could have one, or we could wait for the next litter and have first pick. He said the other buyers would be choosing in a few weeks then he would tell us which one was available for us! We were so excited we didn't care which one we got- we loved all of them.....But the female with the patch on her eye would be our first pick if we could choose. We thought she would be the first one to Go! Then Lem e-mailed me a picture of the female with a patch on her eye and it said she is the last one available in this litter if you want her- I started crying! I felt like she was meant to be ours!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
We got Deuce from a breeder. When he was a baby he was too fat and couldn't walk. They had to put him on a diet and do physical therapy with him. He was almost put to sleep but they decided not to. We got him and continued his therapy. He is now a happy, healthy, slobber head.
The first few days, 9 wks.

After a few weeks.

And this is the little monster now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts