Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been searching and calling for days to find an insurance agency that will give me home owners coverage while owning my Am staff. My current provider is canceling me and I need to find an alternative ASAP. I currently live in MASS but do not mind moving to New Hampshire or Connecticut if that's what it takes. This is my best friend and he has never shown an ounce of aggresion. Is there anyone out there that can help?? Is it fair and legal to tell me to ditch this member of my family? I am willing to do what it takes to keep my buddy by my side, has anyone had any luck in the northeastern area? any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
please help my friend

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no he is a rescue from a center that was about to put him to sleep. My concern is that I listed him as an Am Staff when I brought Dozer to the vet for his check up and shots, the vet then sent papers to my house and town hall declaring him a Pit Bull.

·
Registered
17 Posts
wow...ive heard about this happening and becoming more of an issue lately with insurance companies...such BS!!! Anyways, I never had to list or make my insur. company aware of my pets when filing for home owners insurance...but they are registered through the city (b/c of vaccinations and tags) as American Bulldogs, rather than APBT, just becuase that was what my vet suggested. But check out USAA, I have everything through them, and they are a great company.

here is a link to their website, hope it helps. What a crummy situation:(
www.usaa.com

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
as i recall
state farm is one of the few that doesnt descriminated for the kind of dog you own
might want to check with them if they are in your area

Leeann might be able to comfim this
or was it haus's mommy that worked for them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.