Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

i thought i better introduce myself :D my name is Alisa and I live in Sunny down under Australia.

I have 3 gorgeous American Pit Bull terriers, Dakoda, Niro and Rabbit, and they are my whole world! BSL has just come in in my state and its been very hard on everyone here and is now starting to spread Australia Wide :cry:

Anyway just thought i'd say hi and i hope to speak to you soon :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
:wav: Welcome to the forum this place is great with lots of good people
Lets see some pictures of those pittys everyone is gonna be asking

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok well i hope this works :D

this is my boy Nitro - he is 3 years old

and this is his younger brother Rabbit - he is only 18 months and is so tiny (he has really short legs)

i don't have any of my girl on here yet !! but i'll definatly post them when i do

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you :D their my babies - i'm actually surprised there are people talking to me.

isn't there a 12 hour time difference? its now lunchtime here and i'm at work :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love your dogs!! What does BSL mean? that you said is spreading.
I am new to this breed and am just not sure what you meant.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We have other members from Australia here.
I won't ask you about Koala Bears and Kangaroos - but just so that you know
we love them here. Like your dogs too. Nitro looks a little like my Clara.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BSL is Breed Specific Legislation - and its bull crap.

it pretty much means to target a whole breed of dog to be banned rather then punishing the the deed... its so unfair and sad.

So in my state they have banned The American Pit Bull Terrier, which means you have to muzzle them if their not in a child proof enclosure (and this means a full cage with concrete floors and roof) so if their just in the back yard they still have to be muzzled, they must be desexed, they must wear a bright red/orange collar and you are not allow to sell, obatain, give away or aquire a pit bull. so if a pit bull winds up at the pound, they have to put it down. or say if you had a litter after the BSL came in, they have to be put down also. Its just ridiculous really.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gazar said:
Welcome to the forum. We have other members from Australia here.
I won't ask you about Koala Bears and Kangaroos - but just so that you know
we love them here. Like your dogs too. Nitro looks a little like my Clara.
Nitro is a big goof. :D your girl is just gorgeous, they are such a beautiful breed and so loyal. Koala's and Kangaroo's are over rated.. haha just kidding. i live in the country to so i see ALOT of them!

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is the most terrible thing I have ever heard, puttin down dogs for no reason and puppies!
is this in Austrailia?
I feel awful for you guys, can you start a rescue group or anything!!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Lady said:
That is the most terrible thing I have ever heard, puttin down dogs for no reason and puppies!
is this in Austrailia?
I agree it is an extremely awful thing, but it's all throughout the US too...not just Australia. You can do an internet search to see what states/cities are affected by it - there are lots! :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cookies Mom said:
welcome and I just wanted to say that rabbit has the cutest ears!
i know! :D they go heaps funny when he gets happy or excited ant they kind of curl and bend in the middle haha. his mum looks alot like your girl? on your banner!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lady said:
is this in Austrailia?
i'm a part of the Endangered dog breeds association, and the APBT Club of Australia and we are trying everything and anything! my state got off easy though compared to queensland. they wanted pit bulls gone and right now. they went around to peoples houses and told them to get rid of the dog or they would put it down. even if your dog was a mix of completly different breeds, but looked like a pit it was pretty much doomed if you couldn't prove its breeding. they go off a "20 point system" in identifying a Pit Bull and its crap. they have since backed off a bit after killing thousands of dogs :( have a look around on the web and you will find heaps of BSL victims and their story, its so bad :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Alisa from a fellow aussie..God bless you for helping the cause.So many individuals are so ignorant concerning these dogs.Glad to have you on the team..Thumbs up from me...welcome.Nitro and Rabbit are sweet lookin doggies..hope you are enjoying their companionship as much as me with Cyrus... :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nicholas said:
Hello Alisa from a fellow aussie..God bless you for helping the cause.So many individuals are so ignorant concerning these dogs.Glad to have you on the team..Thumbs up from me...welcome.Nitro and Rabbit are sweet lookin doggies..hope you are enjoying their companionship as much as me with Cyrus... :)
Hi Nicholas :D

they are such beautiful and loyal dogs, and it really is the least i could do for them and i love being part of the team!! :D

thanks for your warm welcome to and give Cyrus a big cuddle for me. :hello2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts