Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the thing Tootse will go outside in front then when I call her to come in she starts to move toward the street as to go for a walk. So i slowly follow her as to not chase her. Well she takes that as a cue for running and I have no choice but to run inside and get the leash. Well usually when I get out again shes up almost four houses. Eventually I catch her but I dont like this at all. So I have stopped letting her in the front yard without a leash but sometimes she get throught the back of the yard to explore or someone leaves the backdoor open.

Any suggestions?

Sometimes I can get her to come to me if I sit on the ground she thinks I'm hurt and comes running... but that wont work forever and shouldnt have to be the way that I get her.

She is almost 6 months and still doesnt quite have "come" yet shes got stay down pretty well but theirs just somehting with her and coming!

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
NEVER let her loose outside!! She could get hit by a car, another dog attack her, who knows. Put her on a leashe to go outside. Or put her in the back yard, but fix the fence first!!!

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
every time you call her give her a treat, always, a cut up hot dogs work great. keep traing treats with you anytime your with your dog. if you do this for say two weeks your dog will get the fact that he gets a treat every time you say come and will come.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know I've taken care of all that, but I was hoping you guys could have some suggestions for when and if she does get out. (it's nice to be prepared)

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Cookies Mom said:
if you train her to come then if she does get out thats what she will do, come.
I still wouldn't trust it off leash, when there is a road near by, too risky. Even the most well trained dog can decide it would rather run after the cat across the road.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Bremner53 said:
Cookies Mom said:
if you train her to come then if she does get out thats what she will do, come.
I still wouldn't trust it off leash, when there is a road near by, too risky. Even the most well trained dog can decide it would rather run after the cat across the road.
I don't think she wants to let her dog off leash, but should she get out, accadently, it's better to have her trained, more of a chance she will come back. thats all I was saying

1 - 9 of 9 Posts