Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really having a difficult time deciding between two puppies.

One is a purebred Valley bulldog puppy. She is only 2 weeks old and she's being sold for $1000.

There also is an OEB/Boxer mix (similar to Valley, but technically a "mutt"). She is 4 weeks old and is being sold for $600.

It is hard for me to compare them physically because of the age difference. Their coloring is totally different - the Valley is fawn with a black mask and white chest/paws. The "mix" is white with red/brown spots on her body (solid white head).

Both breeders seem good...but honestly I don't know either of them from Adam...

The Valley has a more "official" contract, including a year health contract, whereas the other just protects against heart, lungs, kidney, bones and I must get her checked by vet within the first 72 hours to get my money refunded if there's a problem.

The "mix" breeder does seem like a really good person and seems to really care about the puppies.

There is also a $400 difference in the cost of the pups...is that because one is a purebred Valley and the other is a mix? Because I don't really care about that, and they should be very similar in appearance.

Any thoughts, suggestions? It will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ALSO...

maybe I should also add...

The "mix" breeder is willing to let the puppies go to their new homes at only 6 weeks of age.

The Valley breeder is not letting them go until 8 weeks of age.

Do you think that's a sign of an irresponsible breeder (to let them go at 6 weeks)???

·
Registered
54 Posts
If it were me, I would RUN, NOT WALK from the breeder of the mutt. and maybe even the valley bd breeder... Ask your self these Q's(where they apply):

Why is she breeding mutts?
IF this was an accident (by chance), why is she asking so much?
Is there any health guarentee/testing done on either of these dogs?

It looks to me like at least the breeder of the mutt is just looking to make $$, why else charge that much to find a mutt a good home? Did she give an excuse as to why she is charging so much for mutt puppies? There wouldn't even be a question in my mind about the mutt breeder...you could probably find the same cross on petfinder for a lot less if you looked hard enough, and you would be saving a life instead of contributing to lining a BYB's pockets.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not really sure why she's breeding mutts.

She normally breeds OEBs and Valley Bulldogs.

I know that her friend owns the female Boxer that she bred with her male OEB.

She has already sold all of the other puppies, so it doesn't seem like she had trouble finding people willing to spend $600 for the pups.

I just want a healthy, happy, sweet pet...and I like this puppy because I really like both the Boxer AND the OEB.

I understand your concern about this breeder, but why are you also concerned about the Valley breeder?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!! :)

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
She's asking about the valley breeder for a couple of reasons. First, find out what kind of health testing is done on the parents. I don't know much about what kind of tests - Lisa will, though, so you could PM her with that question. Second - why is she wanting you to choose a puppy at only 2 weeks, before you can see personality and temperament? Is she the only puppy or female? She might be a fantastic breeder for all we know, but those are the kind of questions that help you figure that out. :)

As for the mixed dog - I find it amazing that she is deliberately breeding mixed puppies and actually getting $600 for them. And yes, it is irresponsible for her to sell them at 6 weeks. I would stay away from that one.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Good luck on your search, and we can't wait to see your new baby!

·
Registered
790 Posts
You gotta be insane.

$1000 for a pet dog. and 600 for a rescue mutt. Are you serious????

I also guarnatee none of the parents of whatever you call it, "valley dog" are hip or elbow screened. LOL.

What is a valley dog????

Damm, I have to create my own breed. Maybe, I will call it Olde English Bullmastiff and I will create a registry and charge $1200 for each pup. It will be a mix of all my buddies dogs. Internet and marketing........I love it!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Re: You gotta be insane.

PeterC said:
$1000 for a pet dog. and 600 for a rescue mutt. Are you serious????

I also guarnatee none of the parents of whatever you call it, "valley dog" are hip or elbow screened. LOL.

What is a valley dog????

Damm, I have to create my own breed. Maybe, I will call it Olde English Bullmastiff and I will create a registry and charge $1200 for each pup. It will be a mix of all my buddies dogs. Internet and marketing........I love it!
Roflmao...I know in the last ten years or so I am seeing all kinds of new breeds popping up...WTF?

I guess a Vally bulldog is a boxer x ambull x EB or something of the like...who knows?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Sounds like they are all "mutts" to me.
Why not check out your local shelters???? There's mutts there for much less $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and you'd be saving a life :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Valley bulldogs are english bulldogs mixed with boxers, i would of figured you guys knew of these since they are on the homepage of this very website. Im figuring the guy that is mixing his OEB with his friends boxer is trying to trick people into thinking they are Valleys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts