Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know, Chico has had some issues with his back leg off and on for about six months now. He gets really stiff when he first gets up from sleeping and favors it a bit. When he has been up for a couple minutes, he no longer limps but that one leg seems to go underneath him when he walks and sorta twists. The other hind leg just goes straight. Sometimes when he is sleeping the foot will tremble pretty badly and if I grab it, it will stop shaking. Also, it doesn't seem to be a problem in his hip, it looks lower like his elbow. He doesn't seem to have any pain when I touch him or move his leg around and it hasn't prevented him from running around all day. I'm very worried about him and what may be wrong with him. I've been putting off taking him in for a while (I know, horrible mom) because I'm terrified of what it may be. If anybody has had something similar or knows what I may be dealing with, any ideas would be appreciated. I really hope he doesn't have something major but the fact that it has been going on for some time now makes me worried. Please keep us in your thoughts tomorow. I know our situation isn't that big of a deal compaired to what some of you are going through so I don't want to make a big deal, we'll do whatever we have to do to fix the problem. Thanks.
-Amber

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, I guess I got so caught up worrying about his problem that I forgot to say he is going in for x-rays tomorow. They may have to sedate him. I think it would be best because I don't want him to be so terrified. He's gonna get a microchip while he's in there too.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I don't have any ideas or suggestions...I just want to send some hugs to you and Chico. Be sure to let us know what you find out!

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
This sounds similar to how Mags was acting when she tore her ACL - an x-ray will tell for sure if it is that or not - just a suggestion - I am by NO means any sort of an expert - but many of the symptoms sound the same.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I hope he is okay! Let us know what you find out!!! ((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bodazafa said:
This sounds similar to how Mags was acting when she tore her ACL - an x-ray will tell for sure if it is that or not - just a suggestion - I am by NO means any sort of an expert - but many of the symptoms sound the same.
DId Mags have to wear a cast or cone or anything after the surgery? I remember the pics and I don't remember seeing anything. I'm so worried that if he did have to have surgery, it would be so hard to keep him from wanting to play with Heidi all the time. Also I'm scared that the stress from the surgery could flare up his mange situation again. When he got mange the first time, it was when he was neutered. He's a sensitive little guy!!!

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Awww - poor Chiquito! :( They will probably sedate him so that they can manipulate his leg without causing him discomfort. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you all. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Hey dont see an update yet - Mags didnt have a cast - it was VERY VERY HARD to keep her calm --- VERY HARD - and im sure he would want to play ALLL the time - you would probably have to keep him kenneled most of the time or kennel Heidi and let him lay around --- but don't worry about that til you know what is really wrong!!! Maybe its nothing that serious!!! Mags is back to like 95% 6 months after surgery

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Oh I'm dumb- i see that you are taking him tomorrow - I hope all goes well - don't worry until you have to!!! If it does end up being an ACL - PM me cuz i did a lot of research on it!!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks everyone, I'll let you know how it goes tomorow. They said they will most likely have to sedate him. It will probably be better that way so that he won't be so nervous. Does anyone have any idea how much x-rays run? I asked how much it was going to cost and they wouldn't even give me a ballpark! I hate that. I have no idea what to do. Thank God for credit cards I guess! :shock:

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Well my vet charges $30 for the first set and then $20 or $25 there after. Oh Mr. Chico will be OK. I hope it is nothing but the way he is. My thoughts are with him and you. Let us know whats up. Be brave he is young and strong.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.