Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mate bought a dog of some kennels in wales. i dont know the name. he went and picked it up last thursday brought it back, so far so good, but they noticed it had started vomiting blood so they took it the vets and the vets said it had parvo. :( :( :( they said it would have to be put down and it got put down today. what i am wondering is will they get their money back of the kennels or will they just be offered another dog?
r.i.p shankly

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
shaunhogan said:
my mate bought a dog of some kennels in wales. i dont know the name. he went and picked it up last thursday brought it back, so far so good, but they noticed it had started vomiting blood so they took it the vets and the vets said it had parvo. :( :( :( they said it would have to be put down and it got put down today. what i am wondering is will they get their money back of the kennels or will they just be offered another dog?
r.i.p shankly
I would get my money back for sure. Parvo is HIGHLY contagious and I am willing to bet that all those pups have it. So sad. That is such a horrible way to die. Also you friend needs to bleach all the exposed area in her house. If she does get another puppy he/she can contract the disease from the house.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I feel your pain...I have experienced this myself, only my baby made it, and didn't have to be put down. When we first got Koda - the pitbull in my banner - he also had parvo. He was puking and pooping blood. He was admitted into the animal hospital, and stayed there for 3 days. Luckily, he pulled through, and he is fine and normal now.

As far as getting your money back is concerned...good luck, because it all depends on the breeder themself. First off, did your friend sign a contract with them, or receive any kind of health certificate? Parvo is in their system for 7-10 days before they even show any signs of being sick. Like with Koda, he didn't show any signs until the second day we had him, so he had to have contracted it from the breeder. The breeder swore up and down there was no way he could've gotten it from there and refused to reimburse us our money. They tried to "replace" him, but you can't just give back an animal you've already fell in love with. We are currently in the middle of a small claims lawsuit to receive all vet costs, which were close to $700 dollars. Hopefully the breeder your friend bought from will be easier to deal with than ours were.

I'm sorry to hear he had to be PTS, and I wish you guys the best of luck!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
shaunhogan said:
they gave him a health certificate yes :?
Did it say anywhere on the contract or health certificate that if the pup gets sick within a certain amount of days they'll do a refund or exchange?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i do not know sorry, i will tell you tomorow when i ahve more news. so sad though he hasnt even had it a week :(

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
It depends on if there was any kind of health guarantee. Unfortunately, I doubt it because pups produced from responsible/respectable breeders don't get parvo and/or sold with parvo.

In the meantime, your friend needs to be bleaching EVERYTHING!.....the ground, the floors in the house, any towles, blankets the pups might've used, etc. Parvo can live in the ground for up to 3 years.

·
Registered
634 Posts
i would get my money back and find another breedr if havs it most likley all have it in the usa it is aginst the law to sell a dog under 6 weekes and with out its first set of shots

1 - 11 of 11 Posts