Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reggae is home and he has been nothing but a sweetie! I was alittle worried about his behavior last night, but he acts totally different now. He freely gives kisses and lays in my lap.

He is still timid around me, but he's warming up fast. He even did a great sit and down for me when I met him!

Anyways, heres the pictures. Please excuse my clothes, I've been cleaning and playing with dogs all day!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Looks like he's warmed up to ya. I think a lot of kennel environments create a temporary nervousness in some dogs because of all the strangeness surrounding it, lots of other strange dogs/people/scents/inconsistencies etc. It's good that you can give him some one on one time before going to a new home :)

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He follows me around like a shadow :lol: He's always trying to get in my lap now. I do plan on keeping him awhile long enough to work on some issues, see how he acts to different situations and of course training him.

Kasco, that's the first thing on the list. I'm going to make an appointment for him next week for a checkup, nail trim (long freaking toenails) and one of his nails is split all the way up to his "toe" But we do wanna wait alittle until he is more settled down before we have him neutered.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
He's a sweet looking dog. I bet you will do great work with him. I love that name too. Very cute!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you :) We're going to do our best with him, I already want to keep him! But I already have a house full of dogs and I know it wouldn't be the best thing for him. Maybe I can get some visitation rights :lol:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just alittle bit. They met each other away from the house and they did fine, Shadow kept wanting to play. My danes are not happy at all! But crate/rotate/repeat is all we can do.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He's so great to work with. He lays at my feet when I'm on the couch and when I'm at the computer he will lay under the desk. He stays pretty close to me most of the time, and he met a 4week old pitbull pup and did great (long story about that...)

I've been contacting some rescues in the NC area to see if they could help us out with finding him a home. I didn't think it would be this hard, I've been having to wipe tears out of my eyes with every email I sent.

I know this is for the best, but I can't help but love the little guy. I told myself I wouldn't get attached and here I am crying cause I know he can't stay :(

1 - 20 of 36 Posts