Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

What to do for xmas

  • Travel home (long, expensive flight)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay in NYC (dinner with friend and his gf's family)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colombia! (visit friends and their friends down in their locale)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm down in the states now, far away from home and have a cpl options.

1. Flying home will cost me well over a grand.
I can go home for xmas or,

2. Stay in NYC for xmas - my friend's gf invited me over
(don't feel good about this, she's wanting more than friendship from me, but if I go with the 2 of them it'd be fine)

3. Travel to Colombia (the latin country) with my roomate and stay down there with his brother and brother's wife. Would be an AMAZING time and would definately be a nice, warm way to spend xmas lol.

I know xmas is a time to spend with family and loved ones, but I'm lacking both down here LOL...and the ppl I do know down in the States have not invited me so the above are my only options. Any Help or suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LuvaBULL said:
(d) Visit Ohio and explore Cleveland. :love10:

LOL I would but noone has invited me there yet! *hint*hint ;)

I don't like imposing on ppl so I'm not about to invite myself anywhere haha.
I'm sure I'd have a great time exploring :love10:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,423 Posts
Just a quick thought, have you looked at flight prices at airports outside of NYC? Sometimes it's worth a bit of drive to save some $ on your air travel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kasco said:
Just a quick thought, have you looked at flight prices at airports outside of NYC? Sometimes it's worth a bit of drive to save some $ on your air travel.

It's not the price from the States, but the connection in Toronto to get to my folkl's hometown of Timmins. That flight from Toronto alone costs $1000 return, or close to it.

My flight to Colombia would be $800 round trip, and I would not stay at a resort, I'd be living local. Which imo is much better.

OH sounds good though, didn't know it was an option :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LuvaBULL said:
redbull said:
LuvaBULL said:
(d) Visit Ohio and explore Cleveland. :love10:

LOL I would but noone has invited me there yet! *hint*hint ;)

I don't like imposing on ppl so I'm not about to invite myself anywhere haha
Well I do have to work Xmas, so you'd be stuck alone for a while. (Tied to my bed.)

Sounds good to me. LOL...I was mentioning xmas plans to you before and you didn't mention anything so I figured that wasn't an option. In fact I remember you telling me I should go to Colombia lol! You know I'd come visit you in a heartbeat, all you have to do is ask :) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,560 Posts
redbull said:
Driving to my folk's place is OUT of the question too. That's a 20 hr drive, or close to it.
Details... drive to iowa is 15! but I guss I'm staying longer then you would stay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think I'll be travelling the distance home for this christmas to be with the family. I don't feel like spending $1400 on a plane trip this Christmas.

So far Colombia is winning and I have an invite from Johanna but noone else lol :) Still not sure what I'm doing. I think it's either stay in NYC or go visit Trina (I'd prefer this...if she asks me to go - still have not met her yet..lol). If I go to Colombia, it will be a full-on vacation and I'll be burning a lot of vacation days. My roomate is going for 10 days.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,504 Posts
Alright Evan...I'll invite you to my house...although it IS a pretty big hot spot 'round here...let me give you a description of how Xmas will go....

First, it's me, my husband and my FOUR kids (I know you're getting excited!)...and we only have one bathroom...yep...things can get pretty dicey around here! Plus, throw in the 3 dogs and we're one big cozy family :p We'll extend to you our BEST guest room...which consists of a Little Mermaid sleeping bag on the living room floor. Keep in mind we're early risers...my kids wake by 6:30 AM without fail each day. Xmas will be super fun with all the gift unwrapping and the dogs playing in all the paper all over the place (you probably will get trampled AT LEAST once while you're here). After we open our presents, we'll head over to my inlaw's house, who live behind us. They're Jehovah's Witnesses and don't celebrate Xmas (or any holiday, for that matter) and we'll have this odd, uncomfortable big ham dinner, on Xmas, without actually mentioning that it's Xmas...except for the fact that my kids will be spouting off about all the stuff "santa' brought them, while my inlaws sit there, trying not to vomit :D Are you booking your flight yet? Oh...and did I mention that my unemployed brother in law still lives at home and will challenge one of the men there (probably you, since you're the newbie) to some sort of arm wrestling/karaoke/video game/whatever competition...he will lose and then spend the rest of the day pouting and making fun of you.

On a more positive note...both my husband and I are fantastic cooks AND there's a liquor/beer/wine store within walking distance of my house (that's how I stay sane in all this madness!).

So, when ya comin' down? How many days will you be staying? :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
mom to many said:
Alright Evan...I'll invite you to my house...although it IS a pretty big hot spot 'round here...let me give you a description of how Xmas will go....

First, it's me, my husband and my FOUR kids (I know you're getting excited!)...and we only have one bathroom...yep...things can get pretty dicey around here! Plus, throw in the 3 dogs and we're one big cozy family :p We'll extend to you our BEST guest room...which consists of a Little Mermaid sleeping bag on the living room floor. Keep in mind we're early risers...my kids wake by 6:30 AM without fail each day. Xmas will be super fun with all the gift unwrapping and the dogs playing in all the paper all over the place (you probably will get trampled AT LEAST once while you're here). After we open our presents, we'll head over to my inlaw's house, who live behind us. They're Jehovah's Witnesses and don't celebrate Xmas (or any holiday, for that matter) and we'll have this odd, uncomfortable big ham dinner, on Xmas, without actually mentioning that it's Xmas...except for the fact that my kids will be spouting off about all the stuff "santa' brought them, while my inlaws sit there, trying not to vomit :D Are you booking your flight yet? Oh...and did I mention that my unemployed brother in law still lives at home and will challenge one of the men there (probably you, since you're the newbie) to some sort of arm wrestling/karaoke/video game/whatever competition...he will lose and then spend the rest of the day pouting and making fun of you.

On a more positive note...both my husband and I are fantastic cooks AND there's a liquor/beer/wine store within walking distance of my house (that's how I stay sane in all this madness!).

So, when ya comin' down? How many days will you be staying? :p
:laughing3:

Oh, goodness! God Bless You.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,423 Posts
LMAO mom! If Redbull doesn't take you up on that maybe i'll bring my hubby, two kids, four dogs and we'll have a grand ol' time!!! :lol:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,504 Posts
Kasco said:
LMAO mom! If Redbull doesn't take you up on that maybe i'll bring my hubby, two kids, four dogs and we'll have a grand ol' time!!! :lol:
Oh yes indeedy! it'll be a BLAST! Oh...and I did forget to mention that with 4 kids, at least one of them is usually sick, so there's that to look forward to! AND if everyone is REALLY lucky, it'll be a stomach virus...which is always extra fun with only ONE bathroom!

Yippee....you bring the egg nog Kasco!! :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,116 Posts
lmfao, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready to pack my bags and move in for sheer entertainment! :lol:

Evan, since you are in hiding today and I can't reach you.... I haven't invited you here because I have to work Xmas. Colombia sounds way nicer than waiting around for me to get off work, just so I can go right back in as soon as I wake up. I WISH I could have you over, but I wouldn't be able to show you around or have dinner or really do much of anything. :( I am used to spending my holidays this way, but I wouldn't want to ruin YOUR holidays as well. The weekend before Xmas that I DO have free, I planned on spending with my parents in Chicago. How much time off do you have? (I have PM'd you AND messaged you on yahoo... I am not ignoring you!!) :p
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top