Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just brought Holly in from a walk, where she was sniffing around three other dogs (Labradoodle, two English bulldogs),a dn when she got back in the layed down, ten minutes later while i saw on the couch she sneaks through the barrier that keeps her in the kitchen. When she sees me, and we make eye contact, she knows that she is not supposed to be in the living room so she FLYS! She runs around the family room as fast as possible, under my bed, back out, more circles, jumps over the small table (with feet to spare!) thats keeping her in. She runs around the kitchen, back to the family room. When i try to grab for her she snaps and me so i grab her bed, cover her with it, and drag her back in. I put her leash on and put the loop under the kitchen table. Guess what she does, takes a nap!

I don't get why she does this, maybe she was excited from the dogs, we would let them play cuz they were on leashes. But she does this all the time when we catch her where she is not supposed to be. Sometimes I just let her run her course, but she tears up the carpet. I am thinking about getting a scat mat to keep her out once and for all.

Her track record for peeing and pooping out of the kitchen is not good so we keep her in there (kitchen is large with a large mudroom and sitting area, PLENTY of room). Any ideas what cuases this sudden surge of adrenaline that makes her go NUTS? I am thinking shes in her rebellios years (8 months) or just loves to be chases (like she does when she is with other dogs) This is really something thats gotta end before it gets even worse. Thanks for answers and tolerating the rant! :roll:

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
She is still a pup and has a lot of pent up energy. She was just playing a game of "catch me if you can" with you. She was not really trying to be disobedient she was just trying to have fun. She needs to be able to run for about thirty minutes a day to work this energy off and the pee and poop out. She will then come in and be quite contented to sleep for awhile. :D

·
Registered
703 Posts
LOL Joe does that and he's 2yrs old. I call it his "striped a$$ ape run"! Funny as heck when he gets going around the yard at full speed. Sometimes they just get bees up their a$$es.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing was this was after two walks a sniffing around dogs. She was out of breath when she came in, then she got her second wind when she realized she could play a fun game. :?

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
slid3r said:
The thing was this was after two walks a sniffing around dogs. She was out of breath when she came in, then she got her second wind when she realized she could play a fun game. :?

Were the walks slow ones or good fast ones? Was your weather warm?
What I am thinking is if the walks were slow but weather warm, she would be panting
from this. But if they were fast walks, non stop she should have come in and slept
for awhile if she didn't, she may also need a combo of walking and running.

·
Registered
345 Posts
There is another thread about this, aka "temper tantrums" "zoomies" funny chiat, just don't get in the way :lol:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The funny thing is I can't imagine anyone elses dog running around the house acting like a loon the way mine does. Everyone else dogs looks so well trained and dignified in all the pictures I see on this site.

·
Registered
159 Posts
slid3r said:
The funny thing is I can't imagine anyone elses dog running around the house acting like a loon the way mine does. Everyone else dogs looks so well trained and dignified in all the pictures I see on this site.
They all do that: :D :D :D :D :D

I'll try and get a video of Stymie's zoomies and he's almost 2.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Obi's just over 9 months and he does it aswell, he runs from the living room to the bedroom, on the bed, round in a circle then darts off the bed and back into the living room and back to the bedroom again, he does it for about 5 minutes then flops on the floor in a heap I figured it was just his way of playing and getting rid of some energy. I leave him to it and make sure I stay out of his way :lol: The other dogs have also learnt to stay away from him aswell as he just knocks them flying. Oh the joys of owning a dog haha

Fee x x

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wish I could get some video of it. Is there any way to transfer the little VHS tapes to DVD/CD? It really is a sight to behold.

Also, just feel like sharing, when Holly gets out of her crate she does all these funny stretches. The silliest one is where she arches her back up in the air while standing and takes these really rigid steps. She looks like a cat. She also drags her two back feet and keeps them completely ridgid. Then the classic bow down with tongue rolled out. They are a silly bunch arent they?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Na, my dog does what we call the 'psycho dog run' where she runs the length of the house jumps on the bed and comes back through and bounce's off the couch. What drives me nuts is that when she gets all hyped up in the afternoon ( when the kids are coming home/acting up - why are afternoons so bad?!) and the kids better watch out cause she will pounce on them if they even 'look' like they are playing (which means moving :roll: ).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts