Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been observing Country's piles, they are very moist and range in colors from very light brown to green. Country has been consuming alot of grass over the past 3 days too, and today he vomited up his food about 5 hours after he ate and the majority was still solid. Also, he craps alot, but not all at once. When I am cleanin up the back yard, I notice that it will be one or two turds in a pile and then I will come across his normal Mounds-O-Crap. When out on a walk he will do run by poopings, I really don't even see why he stops. He stops to drop of about 2 fish turds and just keeps moving, and that is all he does for the entire 40 min walk...

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.....

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Some dogs do that............A lot do it as puppies and it sometimes stops with age...........Not sure about the diaherria

·
Registered
704 Posts
What are you feeding him? A dog should have nice solid poos with a consistent color. Now, walking poos are different..if a dog is over stimulated on a walk (excited, nervous, etc.) they can produce some runny poos.. brings new meaning to "scaring the s**t" out of something! LOL!

With a quality food, you may only see 1-3 poos a day. A crappy one, up to 10 or more. Quality foods should give nice compact poos, while crappy ones produce "poop soup".

If you dog is eating a quality food, then I would suggest a good worming..run a fecal sample to your vet to be tested. Worms can cause soft, discolored poos. Does he eat his poo? That could be another reason.

Give us a bit more info and we can give a bit more feedback.

ahh..nothing like spending a Sunday morning discussing dog poo!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I have him on some crap food.......OL ROY.......It was given to me, after I ran out of Beneful(the only thing I could get the other dog I rescued a few weeks back to eat).......The only good thing about the OL Roy is my other rescue is finally getting his hair back since he has started eating that........I was thinkin about the worm thing too.....I lucked out and one of my neighbors is a vet tech at a local clinic, so that helps when I get rescues that i can get a discount on all their shots and things.......I went to the store today but did not see any foods that I thought were gonna be good, first few ingredients in them were either some type of corn or wheat, for him but I have a couple more stores to try......And he does not eat his poo....and he really does not seem to like the food anyway, the only reason he eats it is so the other dog can't have it(workin on that too)

·
Registered
704 Posts
I would definitely say it is the food then...Ol Roy and Beneful are both terrible foods. Try buying food at a regular pet store or feed store..these are the only places that premium dog food is offered (with the exception of Costco or Sam's Club..they carry Kirkland Signature, Nutr Nugget's and Exceed which are good foods) Any dog food bought at a grocery store or Walmart/Kmart type place will be crap....they will all contain corn/wheat/soy/by-products, etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well today i went and bought some other food, Diamond Performance, after I noticed he started eatin cat crap. I have tried lookin for some of the foods that I have seen mentioned on here that are supposed to be really good but have not found them, so I decided to go with this.

The only reason I was feeding the rest is because that was the stuff donated to me.

Diamond Performance:
CALORIE CONTENT 3982 KCAL/KG
373 KCAL/CUP
CRUDE PROTEIN 30%
CRUDE FAT 20%
CRUDE FIBER 3%
MOISTURE 10%
ASH 6.5%
CALCIUM 1.2%
PHOSPHORUS 0.9%
ZINC 150MG/KG
SELENIUM 0.4 MG/KG
VITAMIN E 200 IU/KG
OMEGA-6 3.4%
OMEGA-3 0.6%
GLUCOSAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE 300 MG/KG
CHONDROITIN SULFATE 100 MG/KG

·
Registered
704 Posts
While Diamond Performance is a little better than your previous foods, it is still not a great food...first ingredients are corn, wheat and by-products..all problem allergens to dogs. Plus it has a protien level a bit too high for a young growing dog (30%) you want to stick with a protien level in the 20-24% range. If you want a good Diamond brand of food, feed thier Lamb and Rice and Beef and Rice formulas..no corn/wheat/soy or by-products..they are rated an A on the dog food scale. Diamond also make s a super prmium formula called Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul.

If you don't mind my asking, where are you located? Most pet stores or feed stores carry the premium foods. Most common ones carried are Nutro Natural, Canidae, Innova, Nature's Best, Dick Van Patton, Pro Pac, etc.

Many of the premium foods have websites with a dealer locater to easily help you find somewhere in your area who carries thier foods. Just google a pet food name and check out thier sites...that should help!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I did see that chicken soup one, but I didn't see the others......and I tried lookin for that dick van patton but couldn't find it either.....and most the foods I looked at had more corn and wheat than this stuff, that was my main reason for goin with it...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I could be completely off base but didn't diamond get recalled??? There was a study at Cornell in NY a while back because there was a pet food that was causing liver failure and death in dogs... I was almost sure that it was Diamonds brand dog food... may want to look into that

·
Registered
704 Posts
It was Diamond that had a major recall on some formulas from a certain midwestern plant a few months back. The only formulas effected were the ones containing corn (it was a corn toxin) The formulas without it (Beef and Rice, Lamb and Rice and Chicken Soup) were not effected. I still feed the quality Diamond formulas..it's safe to say once something major like that happens, they won't let it happen again.

On a sidenote, many dog food companies have had toxin issues.....Nutro, Royal Canin, Purina, etc... it can happen to any company that uses corn in thier foods... key to this issue...don't feed a corn based dog food

1 - 10 of 10 Posts