Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2 yr old pitbull. we had him crate trained when we first got him 3 months ago. we then started leaving him out until two weeks ago. he tore the house apart. so we started putting him in the crate again. when he was in there, he pooped every time right in his cage. we went away last week and kenneled him, and since we brought him home on sun. he has not pooped in his cage once until tonight. my boyfriend got home and he pooped in his cage again!
a bit confusing, but i really need help!
i cant clean up all this mess everytime i leave the house and come home!!!
PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Maybe sounds like a spite thing. I have a peke who does this. When he gets mad, he poos! Pain in the neck.

Make sure you dont have anything in there. The best way I have found to make them stop doing this is to make sure there is no blanket, newspaper, etc in the cage. This gives them reason to go on something. Until they learn, after they learn (again in his case) after that, replace bedding.Unless he does it again, then repeat!

Is the crate too big? It should be of comfortable size, just big enough to get up and turn around and lay down. Too much room also gives them reason, they think they can go potty and not have to lay in it. Smaller, they have to be too close to it.

Just a few suggestions.......try them. Good luck. Still aint cured my peke though. He is now 7yo and still to this day, does this when he gets mad! I took the boys out for a walk last night and he was so mad, he went poo on the floor. Thank GOD for tile!

·
Registered
39 Posts
dae1122 said:
i have a 2 yr old pitbull. we had him crate trained when we first got him 3 months ago. we then started leaving him out until two weeks ago. he tore the house apart. so we started putting him in the crate again. when he was in there, he pooped every time right in his cage. we went away last week and kenneled him, and since we brought him home on sun. he has not pooped in his cage once until tonight. my boyfriend got home and he pooped in his cage again!
a bit confusing, but i really need help!
i cant clean up all this mess everytime i leave the house and come home!!!
PLEASE HELP
I'm sure you've heard of putting an old t-shirt in the crate for comfort at night so your bully can sleep. Have you tried it when you are away? That might help.

I also reward my puppy with treats and lots of praise every time she gets in her crate. Try it if you haven't been doing this.

Good Luck! :p

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
I disagree with dogs doing things out of "spite". Dogs don't do things to spite us, they are not like humans, there is always a reason for why a dog does something. I think the crate that you have is probably too big, most dogs will not poop or pee where they sleep, it's what there mother teaches them very early. Although, if your dog was taken away from his mother too early, then it could create this problem. Also, if this keeps happening, there could be something wrong with the dogs bowels and you should possibly have the vet's check it out. Taking the dog out more often and going for a long walk before putting him in the crate, will also help a lot. Remember, a dog will sleep in his crate if he's tired, so a tired dog equals a happy and good dog.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well I have never heard of a dog and spite I have a cat that does it because I let my dogs in my room she will try to pee on my bed. But anyway I think what sajoseph said can be true because animals really dont like to go to the bathroom where they sleep but hes right if there is enough room they will go !

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
ambulldogpup said:
I disagree with dogs doing things out of "spite". Dogs don't do things to spite us, they are not like humans, there is always a reason for why a dog does something. I think the crate that you have is probably too big, most dogs will not poop or pee where they sleep, it's what there mother teaches them very early. Although, if your dog was taken away from his mother too early, then it could create this problem. Also, if this keeps happening, there could be something wrong with the dogs bowels and you should possibly have the vet's check it out. Taking the dog out more often and going for a long walk before putting him in the crate, will also help a lot. Remember, a dog will sleep in his crate if he's tired, so a tired dog equals a happy and good dog.
I don't know about that my grandma chawawa(sp) used to poop on her pillow if she went anywhere except for when she went to work, It was the weirdest thing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts