Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so on Monday i began switching Mags' food from the dreaded Science Diet Lamb and Rice to DVP Premium Adult food --- first off she LOVES the DVP- I tihnk she totally thinks they are treats because she licks the outside of the container i keep her food in trying to get more all the time :D Second, I have been mixing about half and half and today will start putting in a little more of the DVP, thusfar her poopoos have been normal - no loose or runny poos at all (YEAH) --- but what i am just curious about is, is it still possible that she will get the loose/runny stool once I completely switch her over? (If so I am going to make sure I only feed her at night so she doesn't have diarhea in her kennel while Im at work all day) --- thanks in advance for all the sagely advice!!!!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
bodazafa said:
Okay so on Monday i began switching Mags' food from the dreaded Science Diet Lamb and Rice to DVP Premium Adult food --- first off she LOVES the DVP- I tihnk she totally thinks they are treats because she licks the outside of the container i keep her food in trying to get more all the time :D Second, I have been mixing about half and half and today will start putting in a little more of the DVP, thusfar her poopoos have been normal - no loose or runny poos at all (YEAH) --- but what i am just curious about is, is it still possible that she will get the loose/runny stool once I completely switch her over? (If so I am going to make sure I only feed her at night so she doesn't have diarhea in her kennel while Im at work all day) --- thanks in advance for all the sagely advice!!!!
She might...DVP is pretty rich compared to what she's used to. I think if she does good the first day (or night) on DVP you'd be safe feeding her during the day after that.

I'm also anxious to hear how she does on the DVP as opposed to the SD. I like having stories to back up my wild claims when I try to convince people that it is worth spending $45 bucks a bag on premium food.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Bear always had soft, runny stools. As soon as I started the switch to DVP they firmed up instantly. Can't say enough about the stuff. I give the duck and potato and also use the same treats. He loves the stuff.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Completed the switch

Well I have completed Magnum's switch over to DVP and NO runny poopoo problems at all!!!! She had her first full meal of just the DVP last night and was fine this AM and last night so I think she is digesting it well!!! YEAH :D I can tell she REALLY REALLY likes it because she just wants more and more and more all the time like its treats! MY baby is going to get so fat :D :D :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts