Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, when we got home from looking at houses we let all the dogs out potty. Daizy was having an aweful time walking, and she was very excited, like she missed us too much. So, we passed it off as too hard of wiggle butt~ing. Then, in the eve when I shower she comes in my room w/ the carpet because she plays for a couple hours, and she can walk w/out slipping on the carpet. Anyway, all she did was cry instead and want out, sticking her paws under the door and such. So I pulled the shoer curtain back to see what the noise was(her scratching on the door) and told her to stop. She turned to look at me and her right eye was going up and down like crazy. I thought she was having a seizure it was so weird. So I got out and wen to her, she recognized me and was aware of me coming to her, so if it was a seizure, it was an absent one.
It finally stopped but looked alittle floaty last night. She also never gained her balance back last night, at all
I am afraid that eithr she is going through a growth spurt real fast, and her spinal cord is pinching suddenly, effecting the CNS worse, or she is having/starting to have seizures.

I havent seen her but for a few minutes this a.m., she seemed ok then, but my son called and said she was fine. He was so worried last night he put her cage on the table next to his bed and let her sleep near him. I wouldnt let her in his bed for fear she'd wake up and tumble off.

Im going home in a few, I pray she is ok again. I know w/ my clients, that seizures can take alot out of you. I dunno, I feel horrible for her.

I couldnt put her down, I always said if she started suffering and her quality of life turned bad I would, but I pray it is not that time..........

· Registered
2,239 Posts
:cry: poor girl, I sort of hope it is just a growth spurt and some of the options you have available for her will help her out

· Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, everyone talked me out of the advil, and I bought Bayer low dose coated childrens buffered aspirin, but have not given it to her yet, I know the Advil was an anti inflamoatoy, but isnt the Bayer just for pain?Not necessarily swelling and such? I was told to try that, but Im scared, why wont the vet give me the stuff for dogs?I called him Friday but he is on vaca, and any other vet requires a whole new chek up before giving any meds out. This vet knows her.

· Registered
1,069 Posts
Wow. Well aspirin is safer but can still cause bleeding internally. It's a blood thinner.
What is Daizy's diagnosis?
I looked back a few posts but couldn't find it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.