Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He has been throwing up off and on for three days. He has diahrrea too. I want to take him to the vet but I cant find one that will let me do a deferred payment, I dont have ANY money until tuesday. Im so scared he will die. He has thrown up at least 10 times today. He didnt throw up at all yesterday, but he was throwing up all day the day before. I have no idea what is causing it, it looks like to me that there is blood in it too now. I dont think its blood from his stomach, it looks more like its from his mouth or throat. Probably from throwing up so much? I dont know. . . anyone have advice about trying to get him through until Tuesday when I can take him to a vet?

·
Registered
703 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that he's so sick. Try contacting the SPCA they may be able to suggest a vet that will help you. Explain to them he's been sick and you have contacted vet in the area but they won't help because you don't/won't have the money until tuesday. They might have a vet that will help you. You'll be in my prayers please keep use updated. Please!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Josie's Proud Mom said:
I'm so sorry to hear that he's so sick. Try contacting the SPCA they may be able to suggest a vet that will help you. Explain to them he's been sick and you have contacted vet in the area but they won't help because you don't/won't have the money until tuesday. They might have a vet that will help you. You'll be in my prayers please keep use updated. Please!
That's very good advice. It sounds to me like he needs to get checked out ASAP. Do you have any relatives close that could front you the money til Tuesday? I hate to say the worst, but when Chopper had that obstruction, the vet said if I had waited even one more day....things wouldn't have turned out very well for my baby. Please, keep trying to get someone to see him. [-o<

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have heard of giving pedalite (spelling) when dogs have an upset tummy just like you do kids. It helps with dehydration. If you can get him to drink any of that.... it may help. There is a recipe to make some homemade but I don't remember what it is. You can also boil rice and give them the cooled water you boiled it in. It has nuteriants (Sp) in it.

I hope he's feeling better soon.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry Ive left you hanging. He isnt really much better today, I called around to several more vets this morning, but they are pretty unbending. I hadnt thought of the SPCA. Will give that a try. He isnt holding down water real well, but we are going to give him a bit more tonight to see how he does. Someone else suggested using warm damp towels on him because he could absorb some of the water through the skin? I dont have any relatives nearby that have the money to lend me. . .

He is just a year old, and has had all of his shots. He seems like he is still in good spirits though, he isnt limp or listless at all. He wags at me like normal, even trying to jump up on me. He had nasty diahrrea all night though. He threw up just once today, this afternoon, so we will try a bit of water. He kept trying to eat grass yesterday when he was outside, and hubby said there was alot of grass in the stuff ALL over the floor :roll: ick. Poor dog though :( He looks like he has lost some weight . . .

Just a quick edit . . . I went through the health and exercise section. . . combing it for similar situations for advice. I was looking for Kasco's post on Chopper too. Anyway, he really doesnt have the same symptoms of either parvo or obstruction that I can tell. . . things seem to be going through him, just way too fast! Also, I just wanted y'all to know, the money situation isnt usually like this (LOL) I am a teacher and get paid only once a month, and sometimes we run out just two days or so before pay day. It sucks some months, especially when some sort of emergency happens :( I also have tried to get the vet credit card things, but my credit really sucks. (I hate college sometimes hehe). I just felt like I need you guys to know I am responsible as I can be, I have checked into every avenue I know to help my poor pup. Its like everything happened at just the wrong time. For example, I would be willing to write a bad check to the vets. However, my freaking drivers license just went through the damn wash and is in 20 or so pieces. I have my old one but its 3 years out of date. I doubt they would take a check. So I feel incredibly, stupidly stuck. Anyway, if he can make it through just two more days, I can take him to the vet.

Btw, we decided to give him a piece of plain bread and some water to see how that goes. Will update again in the morning. Thanks for all your thoughts and support!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Damn I wish I could help you out. I pray Brodie is ok! Do try calling the SPCA and explain the situation they may be able to step in and help you out. I'll keep Brodie in thoughts and prayers.
Dang I'm not a religious person but you people are making me pray alot lately! LOL
Please do keep us update, ok!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update: He did not throw up his bread or water, though he hasnt drank that much. I tried pinching his skin to see if it would stay pinched or go back to normal and it went back to normal, so I dont think he is terribly dehydrated. He did have some diahrrea last night too, but not as much (well he isnt eating much either). Im not sure if that means he is getting better or not. I did make an observation last night when I was petting him, and that was that his ears felt cooler. His ears were really hot the last two days. . . would that indicate a fever?? Anyway, he felt less hot last night and this morning. My daughter Anna is really worried about him, (5 years old) So, this morning she sat down with him and read him a story. lol it was very cute. He sat and wagged his tail and listened to the whole thing!

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Glad to hear he's getting better. Miakoda might know more about this... Can dogs get the flu and it runs its course the same amount of time that its runs in humans? I think if it was Parvo, you'd be seeing blood in his stool. (?) I hope he continues to get all better. I love Brodie!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.